• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WC 2022 Yay or "Meh"

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think what Douglas said was "the easiest way to get a drink out of a Vogon was to stick your fingers down his throat" 😆

Grecian2K

I think what Douglas said was "the easiest way to get a drink out of a Vogon was to stick your fingers down his throat" 😆
I know - but I didn't want Tavares accusing me of "threats of violence". 😁

DB9

Germany cover their mouths in the pre match photo as a protest about not being able to wear the one love armband.

Colesman Ballz

Germany cover their mouths in the pre match photo as a protest about not being able to wear the one love armband.
Will likely be covering their whole heads in shame now, after subsequently losing the match 2-1 to Japan ! :p

Alistair20000

Will likely be covering their whole heads in shame now, after subsequently losing the match 2-1 to Japan ! :p
Customary for the Germans to bumble and stumble, just scrape out of the Group before upping their game in the K.O. stages. Hope it is different this time and they crash out early.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Predictable.

I've got them in the work sweepstake fgs.

Rosencrantz

Customary for the Germans to bumble and stumble, just scrape out of the Group before upping their game in the K.O. stages. Hope it is different this time and they crash out early.
Like last time you mean?

Alistair20000

Like last time you mean?
I hope so but there was a long period between 1938 and 2018 when the Germans always got beyond the group stage.

Rosencrantz

I hope so but there was a long period between 1938 and 2018 when the Germans always got beyond the group stage.
That's because they tended to have a good, or better, side. They are certainly in that dreaded transitional stage at the moment with a few talented younger players starting to come in with decent international quality experienced players at the end of their careers but little in between. A lack of a quality centre forward seems the biggest problem. Havertz doesn't exactly convince for Chelsea as a centre forward.

Colesman Ballz

With their next game on Sunday against Spain, then another loss could leave them deep in the smelly stuff, not to mention "down in the mouth" in Dusseldorf. :)