• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WC 2022 Yay or "Meh"

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
With their next game on Sunday against Spain, then another loss could leave them deep in the smelly stuff, not to mention "down in the mouth" in Dusseldorf. :)
I can see Japan beating Costa Rica.
Germany will need at least a draw methinks.

tavyred

Maybe Tavy will send you one as an Xmas present out of his pension riches. :)
No gifts but I am thinking of doling out ‘hardship loans’ for the festive season. Exeweb’s own ‘Tiny Tim’ is welcome to apply. 😁

Grecian2K

No gifts but I am thinking of doling out ‘hardship loans’ for the festive season. Exeweb’s own ‘Tiny Tim’ is welcome to apply. 😁
Thanks but no thanks.
In the extremely unlikely event that I should find myself in need of financial assistance I would prefer to use a properly FCA accredited lender rather than Exeweb's answer to Mr Gradgrind.
Comfortably yours
G2k

DB9

Just got home and switched on the Qatar/Senegal game, Looking at the empty seats it seems the Qatari public have already fallen out of love with the WC after just the second game, I know they're not a good team but normally a host nation will fill a stadium.

tavyred

Wales played off the park by the Iranians and thus putting our tonking of them into perspective I thought.
Keane and Souness couldn’t wait to diminish the England performance by saying Iran were an awful team.
I would have Iran as favourites to qualify with England to the next round.

DB9

Wales played off the park by the Iranians and thus putting our tonking of them into perspective I thought.
Keane and Souness couldn’t wait to diminish the England performance by saying Iran were an awful team.
As did Robbie Savage by saying the other day on his 606 show "It's only Iran" 😀

Grecian2K

Should make the USA v Iran decider fairly spicy though. (Assuming we get at least a point of the U.S.of.A. this evening)
I would imagine GI Jigsy is getting his combat gear and MAGA hat out already.

DB9

Should make the USA v Iran decider fairly spicy though. (Assuming we get at least a point of the U.S.of.A. this evening)
I would imagine GI Jigsy is already getting his combat gear out already.
Didn't Iran win against the "Great Satan" US in '98?

Grecian2K

Didn't Iran win against the "Great Satan" US in '98?
Aye. But on that again it was a game of no real consequence (football-wise) for either side - more like two bald men arguing over a comb.
This time qualification through the group stages could be at stake.

Mr Jinx

Just got home and switched on the Qatar/Senegal game, Looking at the empty seats it seems the Qatari public have already fallen out of love with the WC after just the second game, I know they're not a good team but normally a host nation will fill a stadium.
Love it when the hosts get knocked out. Which is looking probable now.

And looks like the welshers may well be following them. Which is laughable after the toe curling commentary of the USA game. You'd think Gareth Bale was Zeus the way Hartson was carrying on. All he did was win a pen (with his back to goal) then score it. If England made Iran look a pub team, what does that make Wales?

Anyway, wouldn't be surprised if Southgate's bottlers somehow leave the door open.

Last edited: