• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WC England - Overrated?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Agreed England are not a good side, they wasn’t in the world cup and against a side with a ball player in midfield like Spain or Croatia were ****e..

Until we find a ball player in the middle or Southgate considers Shelvey or Barkley it won’t change

grecIAN Harris

Agreed England are not a good side, they wasn’t in the world cup and against a side with a ball player in midfield like Spain or Croatia were ****e..

Until we find a ball player in the middle or Southgate considers Shelvey or Barkley it won’t change
Barkley needs to play before he can be considered and we all know what Shelvey can do but we also what Shelvey is liable to doing although it does it appear he is getting that side of his character under control.

Antony Moxey

The day we need to rely on Shelvey or Barkley is the day we may as well give up on international football forever.

CREDYGRECIAN

The day we need to rely on Shelvey or Barkley is the day we may as well give up on international football forever.
Agree neither are World beaters, but we lack a ball player because Whilshire can’t stay fit enough or doesn’t cover enough ground.

Oxlade-Chamberlain would be ideal as he’s capable of breaking the lines & is good on the ball too and before his injury was beginning to look like a proper player...

Terryhall

Agree neither are World beaters, but we lack a ball player because Whilshire can’t stay fit enough or doesn’t cover enough ground.

Oxlade-Chamberlain would be ideal as he’s capable of breaking the lines & is good on the ball too and before his injury was beginning to look like a proper player...
I thought before the WC you were claiming Henderson as a world class ball playing midfielder? What happened?

grecIAN Harris

I thought before the WC you were claiming Henderson as a world class ball playing midfielder? What happened?
Liverpool got some proper players to play in midfield and reality dawned.

CREDYGRECIAN

I never said that - Henderson was very good for England and is a top player hence why he’s captain of Liverpool but he’s not a Modric

CREDYGRECIAN

Liverpool got some proper players to play in midfield and reality dawned.
Unlike that centre half we brought who wouldn’t get in all the top 4 sides.....and has since gone onto prove he’s the best centre half in the country and one of the best in Europe.

Terryhall

I never said that - Henderson was very good for England and is a top player hence why he’s captain of Liverpool but he’s not a Modric
Ahem, a couple of quotes from the England v Croatia (Semi Final) prediction thread...
If Henderson can Continue to dominate in midfield like he has than we have a chance
What tosh , Henderson has been superb for England did you not see that goal saving block on Saturday or the inch perfect ball he played over he top for Sterling ? I know I’m a Liverpool fan but even my United supporting mates have said he’s been superb...add to that all the pundits as well

I’d argue our player of the tournament with Maguire...obviously Kane with 6 goals but he hardly had kick against Sweden & Colombia the penaltys apart
He may be Liverpool captain, but he's on the bench because he's not good enough at actually playing football to get a first team spot.

Antony Moxey

To be fair to Creds nowhere in those quotes does he say Henderson is a world class player. I never thought all that much of him however Creds’ assessment of him during the World Cup - not in the Premier League, not in a Liverpool shirt, not outside of the tournament, but during the actual tournament - was pretty spot on.