• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Gary Caldwell - new manager

Bat Fastard

Yes it is.
The fact that his Exeweb join date is given as Sept 2010 just demonstrates how forward thinking GC is; he joined Exeweb 12 years ago in preparation for being ECFC manager in 2022. :rolleyes: ;)
#semperfidelis #onthegrass

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very interesting listening to GC’s post match interview, talking about Jevani and Archie.
He clearly sees Jevani as a great talent and wants to develop him further.
With regards to Archie: he’s told him to take the handbrake off. Seems to have worked very well in the last couple of games.
Quite enlightening in terms of his footballing philosophy and sounds very promising.
I've been saying that for ages. Some of it has been because of the role he has been asked to play which has restricted him and some of it, when he has had the opportunity, was down to Archie himself by not cutting lose. This season, particularly in the first part of the season when we were playing with three in central midfield, the real Archie Collins has finally come to the party. We had glimpses in previous seasons, which enhanced the frustration I had with him, where he showed what he was about but nowhere near enough

JCWhoosh

I know it's early days but really liking how GC is coming across. Had a really tough first 3 games in charge but the players seem to be playing for him and believe he is bringing fresh ideas but not disrupting things too much. Looking forward to the transfer window and hopefully welcoming back Stubbs soon to improve us defensively.

geoffwp

#semperfidelis #onthegrass
I often do if I can't get to the loo in time

STURTZ

Matt Taylor seldom got us to the second round of the FA Cup!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor seldom got us to the second round of the FA Cup!
Sorry to bring facts into this but Matt Taylor got to the second round three times out of four.

gilbertshoot

Sorry to bring facts into this but Matt Taylor got to the second round three times out of four.
There you go....bringing your facts, truth and accuracy into it.
You'd make a crap politician! 😆

fred binneys head

Facts aren’t welcome here.

Red Devon

Caldwell to Wigan 🤣

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
BREAKING NEWS: Exeter City boss Gary Caldwell confirms at today's presser @kevnicho3 as his assistant at SJP and that David Perkins will join the club as first team coach. All the best Nicho and David! #ECFC