• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Gary Caldwell - new manager

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought we weren't like any other club 😕
On this occasion we have to be like other clubs and bite the bullet before we end up paying the price for this over the next half a decade.

dommers

Have been dissapointed with the last month but up until thought he was doing OK.

Our previous manager left us with a wafer thin squad, made a couple of poor loan choices and at least 5 first XI players (Key, Blackman, Brown, Sparkes and Collins) whose contracts were due to expire at the end of the season so in my mind he had to sign some new players and in the main I think they look OK.

Results clearly haven't been good enough recently although in my opinion to suggest that we should be a comfortable league one side already show a naivety about the size of the other clubs in league one

Cowshed Grecian

Have been dissapointed with the last month but up until thought he was doing OK.

Our previous manager left us with a wafer thin squad, made a couple of poor loan choices and at least 5 first XI players (Key, Blackman, Brown, Sparkes and Collins) whose contracts were due to expire at the end of the season so in my mind he had to sign some new players and in the main I think they look OK.

Results clearly haven't been good enough recently although in my opinion to suggest that we should be a comfortable league one side already show a naivety about the size of the other clubs in league one
Let’s not blame shift this on Taylor…he left us in a great position. With probably one of most exciting City attacking sides I’ve ever seen at SJP.

Red red

Totally agree about the Taylor thing and that I believe is Caldwell problem. BUT and is a big but Brown not been available is not Caldwell’s fault. Our club is WOKE fc and Brown should play until found guilty of whatever he has done . I expect pelters but Brown is as of now NOT guilty

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster

Yeah we get it dimmers. You don't like taylor.

Red red

Well I have just watched the highlights of the game. I am in total total amazement how was that a booking for harper on the red card. Yes he lost control but never never a yellow card for a foul. The ref didn’t book the port vale player for diving in the penalty area but booked Harper. Unbelievable. Really fed up with the awful refs at this level

Cowshed Grecian

Totally agree about the Taylor thing and that I believe is Caldwell problem. BUT and is a big but Brown not been available is not Caldwell’s fault. Our club is WOKE fc and Brown should play until found guilty of whatever he has done . I expect pelters but Brown is as of now NOT guilty
Agree with that…it’s like shooting ourselves in the foot.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've been very open minded about Caldwell over recent weeks but I can see where this is going.

How on earth are we getting dragged into a dog flight?!

If we stay up this season and Caldwell isn't sacked we are a dead cert for relegation next season so we can stand down the building contractors extending the AS stand.

Cowshed Grecian

I've been very open minded about Caldwell over recent weeks but I can see where this is going.

How on earth are we getting dragged into a dog flight?!

If we stay up this season and Caldwell isn't sacked we are a dead cert for relegation next season so we can stand down the building contractors extending the AS stand.
I have to agree. You can see it can’t you..Is he going too take us forward? Or can you see us battling in the bottom four next season struggling to score goals? Hmmm I’d suggest the latter

Pobbop

I wanted Nicholson, I still think that was the right decision, the entire Josh Key think bemuses me utterly, and now like other clubs who change their manager we are stuck with a helluva lot of caldwells guys in management and player positions we would have to get rid of if we got rid of him.

This Woke FC stuff is nonsense though, darned take it to facebook, a guy is charged with something that is the antithesis of a family club, we must wait until he has been proven innocent or guilty, no other darned choice you idiots.

Would be nice if we had Dieng or Jay to fill in for Brown, rather than an assorted bunch of Scottish misfits and past-it players.

Still as always I support the manager until the end of the season, as he's the manager we have, and maybe there will be some cohesion in the team, but it's a mess ATM, and one player no matter how good he is, shouldn't derail the season so comprehensively.

Possibly my most anti the manager comment in my decades posting here, but in the end the previous managers had all achieved something for our club, even in dire form, Caldwell has done nowt.