• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Jevani Brown

Bridgy 81

There can’t be too many who’ve joined us previously with their arrival being greeted with such indifference from many people, then within a year or so being spoken about in terms of becoming one of our best players in recent times.
Well done Jevani.
Let’s hope we can extend your contract and that you’re with us for the foreseeable future and beyond.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
There can’t be too many who’ve joined us previously with their arrival being greeted with such indifference from many people, then within a year or so being spoken about in terms of becoming one of our best players in recent times.
Well done Jevani.
Let’s hope we can extend your contract and that you’re with us for the foreseeable future and beyond.
Well there was this Southern League oil tanker....

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well there was this Southern League oil tanker....
yea what happened to him ..........

Memphis09

He's also going to have a dip in form at some point this season.

I think it's worth reminding ourselves how quickly things can change. Prime example - Matt Jay.
Agree but he is a far better player than is or ever will be

STURTZ

Saw the Sky interview with Jev and Sam after the FGR game, such nice, unassuming people and clearly in mutual admiration of each other as friends and strike partners. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bid come in for the pair of them. Until then we can only enjoy this special relationship, it's Beer and Kellow all over again!

Cowshed Grecian

Agree but he is a far better player than is or ever will be
We/you can Knock MJ as much as you or we want too, however I think most players who have either grown up or played with him will tell you just how good MJ is at this level,-ability wise.

andrew p long

Saw the Sky interview with Jev and Sam after the FGR game, such nice, unassuming people and clearly in mutual admiration of each other as friends and strike partners. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bid come in for the pair of them. Until then we can only enjoy this special relationship, it's Beer and Kellow all over again!
did anyone catch what was the penalty agreement Sam and Jevani have? I thought it was something like - Jevani got the first pen because Sam had already scored and the second because he was on for a hat trick.

Bridgy 81

did anyone catch what was the penalty agreement Sam and Jevani have? I thought it was something like - Jevani got the first pen because Sam had already scored and the second because he was on for a hat trick.
I don’t think the agreement was explained.
I wonder whether it’s more to do with Sam possibly taking the role back if/when Jevani misses one, as I think this was the reason he became our penalty taker (from Sam) in the first place and hasn’t missed one since.
That being said, I presume it’s ultimately Matt Taylor who decides things like that.

Colesman Ballz

I don’t think the agreement was explained.
I wonder whether it’s more to do with Sam possibly taking the role back if/when Jevani misses one, as I think this was the reason he became our penalty taker (from Sam) in the first place and hasn’t missed one since.
That being said, I presume it’s ultimately Matt Taylor who decides things like that.
I think that we don't see the undignified sight of players squabbling over who should be taking penalties simply demonstrates the togetherness and shared sense of purpose that exists within the squad. :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member