• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Kevin McDonald (and Cheerio)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with all the positive comments about Kevin MacDonald. I thought he was excellent. MOTM for me.
Not Josh Key?! ;)

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not Josh Key?! ;)
I think I am in the majority that did not agree with that decision last night.

Andy_H

I think I am in the majority that did not agree with that decision last night.
Martin you've been supporting City long enough now to KNOW that the MoftM award holds completely no relevance to what happens on the pitch. It's voted for by the folks in hospitality, many of whom wouldn't know Achie Key from Harry Collins, let alone Pierce Blackman from Jay Hartridge! So it possibly should be retitled 'NON Man of the Match' to maske it more reflective of the game!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Martin you've been supporting City long enough now to KNOW that the MoftM award holds completely no relevance to what happens on the pitch. It's voted for by the folks in hospitality, many of whom wouldn't know Achie Key from Harry Collins, let alone Pierce Blackman from Jay Hartridge! So it possibly should be retitled 'NON Man of the Match' to maske it more reflective of the game!
I've always assumed a proportion of the voters also sponsor one of the players and naturally lend their vote to that player.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Based on our recent (lack of) home form I think those lucky folks in hospitality have the best seats in the stadium from which to make their decisions.

They all face away from the actual pitch ≤hic≥

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Really impressive performance from Mcdonald last night he was cool calm and collected in the middle of the park and you could see his influence on the others in terms of his talking and experience

andrew p long

Excellent work by Jeff Stelling again today. The scoreline flashed up with McDonald scoring City's second goal.

Stelling immediately reported 'his first goal for 5 (?) years. But during that time he has had a kidney transplant, kidney donated by his brother'. What a story, what an outcome.

Grecianpasty

What are the chances we can keep him for next season? With Archie possibly leaving, he would be the perfect partner for Kite in midfield.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
What are the chances we can keep him for next season? With Archie possibly leaving, he would be the perfect partner for Kite in midfield.
Nothing to suggest Archie is leaving more than any other player, and I'm sure if Macdonald is happy in this part of the world he'll sign a new deal.

STURTZ

I think Mc D is just testing his fitness, if he can play he'll still be able to take a more lucrative deal with a Championship club next season.