• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Luke Harris

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m Welsh through and through and love Luke Harris it’s frustrated me about all the hype with Fulham and Wales and he believed it too. He has gone backwards sadly since the 30 million pound rumours and was given £18,000 a week on a long contact. Luke just needs to take a deep breath and go back to basics and not try to over impress all the time
Fair enough. The kid is doing ok. It's still very early in his career and sometimes it just needs a bit of patience. No young player's development is ever linear. Whether he rips it up for us for the rest of the season or just gradually finds his feet, he will go back to Fulham better for the experience.

Papa John

Fair enough. The kid is doing ok. It's still very early in his career and sometimes it just needs a bit of patience. No young player's development is ever linear. Whether he rips it up for us for the rest of the season or just gradually finds his feet, he will go back to Fulham better for the experience.
Agree with what you are saying but Luke Harris on loan regardless of his age or experience it should not be about his own personal development it should be about having the right players out on the pitch in for the best interests of Exeter the team. If Fulham as it appears have requested guaranteed minutes to Luke GC has to build his team around him by starting him every week. Will be interesting if GC continues to start Luke every week time will only tell

Banksy

He was hailed as the messiah by the management team to try and spare their blushes for the summer recruitment, only need to look as far as them to see where the unrealistic expectations have been placed on an 18 year old loanee.

Hasn't it been a trait of Caldwell's managerial downward spiral to remove the old guard and fill his squad with young prospect loanees at his previously clubs?
And it’s worked darn well too.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
People were pretty positive about Harris through January and right up to about the Derby defeat. I think he's got a bit of quality, is tidy, good movement and very competitive... Not had enough influence on our games and has fluffed 2 or 3 chances where he should've done better. Also think we'll see more of him as the season goes on, he improves and he integrates more into our team... He'll benefit from some different players in the line up as well. I can't see that Cole, Woods and Carrol in the same side works... especially if Harris is the fourth man and then you've got a loan striker.

JGrecian23

People were pretty positive about Harris through January and right up to about the Derby defeat. I think he's got a bit of quality, is tidy, good movement and very competitive... Not had enough influence on our games and has fluffed 2 or 3 chances where he should've done better. Also think we'll see more of him as the season goes on, he improves and he integrates more into our team... He'll benefit from some different players in the line up as well. I can't see that Cole, Woods and Carrol in the same side works... especially if Harris is the fourth man and then you've got a loan striker.
Fantastic. Glad he will take 20 games to get going just in time for him to go back to Fulham and we can restart the whole process with another 'highly talented kid' who will offer so much more than our own kids.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I meant a lone striker! Doesn't really matter whether Eisa is on loan or not.

Colesman Ballz

I meant a lone striker! Doesn't really matter whether Eisa is on loan or not.
I wouldn't worry about it, whatever you put ain't going to stop JGrecian23 from continuing to rant on about anything or everything ! :cool:

Rosencrantz

Agree with what you are saying but Luke Harris on loan regardless of his age or experience it should not be about his own personal development it should be about having the right players out on the pitch in for the best interests of Exeter the team. If Fulham as it appears have requested guaranteed minutes to Luke GC has to build his team around him by starting him every week. Will be interesting if GC continues to start Luke every week time will only tell
It's about both. He is developing and he is helping the team. He has generally linked up well with Aitch when they have played together. We would have the same motives for our own young players out on loan.

Papa John

Comments from Fulham Fans on the X (Twitter) feed:
This was posted Jan 24 on the forum - lovely to see so much excitement about Luke Harris

You’ve got a real talent on your hands Exeter. Scored goals for absolute fun at youth level and didn’t look out of place playing for the first team. Excited to see him show what he can do

Arrives late in the box, decent all round play but an absolute lethal goal scorer. Like a young Lampard. Create for him and you'll have a lot of fun

I wouldn't worry about it, whatever you put ain't going to stop JGrecian23 from continuing to rant on about anything or everything ! :cool:
He has got a point to be fair. Was he brought in, in January to “hit” the ground running, which is what we needed and were holding out hope for, or someone not at the level yet who can start games for us and gain experience and have little impact so we can send him back to Fulham ready for him to embrace his obvious talent and be ready to succeed on loan at a club in the championship next season?!