• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Rekeem Harper (gone to Burton)

tom_ecfc

First time I’ve seen Harper play today and seemed way off the pace. Positioning all over the shop, passing poor, diving/lunging into challenges where just standing up was more than enough. Hoping to see some improvement as from this first outing, very disappointing.

dontpassback

When Ipswich wrote that cheque to WBA a for Harper,they were robbed,he was poor today and looked sloppy in possession,after all the hype he needs to improve

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
He wasn't great. He looked far better on Tuesday, but was clearly knackered after 60 minutes. Playing again four days later will do him good but today he probably felt the Shrewsbury game in his legs. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he's fully match fit.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Chauke must be quite disappointed that Harper has been selected before him.When they played together against Newport,it was easy to compare them and I thought Chauke was the better player.Harper's passing was a bit off target and badly weighted then.It might be nerves on a full debut.If itis ,he needs to settle down quickly.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two full games whilst feeling your way into a new club is way to early to judge yet. He has shown glimpses of the reasons why he was highly rated and also glimpses of why he is with us now. There is a player there to work with and get going upwards again. It's up to him to buy into it and show everyone.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two full games whilst feeling your way into a new club is way to early to judge yet. He has shown glimpses of the reasons why he was highly rated and also glimpses of why he is with us now. There is a player there to work with and get going upwards again. It's up to him to buy into it and show everyone.
I don’t disagree, although Rekeem’s career trajectory is a little disconcerting.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t disagree, although Rekeem’s career trajectory is a little disconcerting.
Stand hard me Grecians - We have a history of making players better !

StudentGrecian

I was critical of the signing and the today was the first time seeing him in the flesh. So didn’t do much the change my opinion, however agree with rozencrantz that it’s too early to make a definitive decision, he’s shown qualities in other games.

I’m still critical of the loan, if he was a permanent signing then it would be a great signing. But for me we don’t have the time to waste whilst he develops, we needed proven league standard in the door. Ipswich might have a player on their hands at the end of the loan, but what good is that to us if costs us whilst finding his feet again.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
If he rediscovers his form we have a player who we wouldn't usually be able to afford. If he doesn't he can sit on the bench.

It's increasingly evident we can't afford proven league standard so every signing has an element of risk.

tonykellowfan

Ipswich are almost certain to be promoted this year, so I doubt they see Harper as a Championship player next season.

If he is was going to slot into our side and look like a world beater then he wouldn't be with us.

He has to get match fit and he has to learn to play with his new team mates. CM is a very unforgiving role.