• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Rekeem Harper (gone to Burton)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was critical of the signing and the today was the first time seeing him in the flesh. So didn’t do much the change my opinion, however agree with rozencrantz that it’s too early to make a definitive decision, he’s shown qualities in other games.

I’m still critical of the loan, if he was a permanent signing then it would be a great signing. But for me we don’t have the time to waste whilst he develops, we needed proven league standard in the door. Ipswich might have a player on their hands at the end of the loan, but what good is that to us if costs us whilst finding his feet again.
I know what you mean, but the story of the window was that we didn't manage to make permanent signings of the quality required - the proven league standard you mention. So it became loans or nothing.

Bridgy 81

I was critical of the signing and the today was the first time seeing him in the flesh. So didn’t do much the change my opinion, however agree with rozencrantz that it’s too early to make a definitive decision, he’s shown qualities in other games.

I’m still critical of the loan, if he was a permanent signing then it would be a great signing. But for me we don’t have the time to waste whilst he develops, we needed proven league standard in the door. Ipswich might have a player on their hands at the end of the loan, but what good is that to us if costs us whilst finding his feet again.
I don’t quite get your comment about the level he’s previously played at.
Although I appreciate he’s still comparatively young (22) all the football he has played for the 5 teams before joining us has been either League One, Championship or Premier League.
That’s 75+ matches at our current level or above and none below that level.
Or over 100 matches if you count cup games as well.
I realize you also said ‘proven league standard’ so maybe that’s the point you’re making but experience-wise I think his CV is fairly impressive.

Grecianpasty

It's certainly too early to pass judgement on the bloke, although it's clear to see he's lacking consistency in his game. I'd like to see him do the basics well first and build on his game.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's certainly too early to pass judgement on the bloke, although it's clear to see he's lacking consistency in his game. I'd like to see him do the basics well first and build on his game.
What are the basics that he's not currently doing so well?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Breaking up play & winning more balls would be a start. He looked reasonable at Shrewsbury but has been a bit nondescript in the other games.
Too much of the play just bypassed him on Saturday, he’s a tall lad but won little in the air yesterday. Anyway still early days for him. I’m sure he will come good, seen a few good flashes but not enough consistency in the matches.

It could have been just one of those days for him

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think his confidence must be low. Started his career at light speed, stalled and has not worked for him at Ipswich and Crewe where going down without a paddle when he joined them. I Suspect we need to help work on his confidence amongst other things, but looks a good acquisition for us and hopefully a few decent performances will installed that belief and confidence for him to show his true potential.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Breaking up play & winning more balls would be a start. He looked reasonable at Shrewsbury but has been a bit nondescript in the other games.
Too much of the play just bypassed him on Saturday, he’s a tall lad but won little in the air yesterday. Anyway still early days for him. I’m sure he will come good, seen a few good flashes but not enough consistency in the matches.

It could have been just one of those days for him
True, but unfortunately even more so for Collins and Jay. I thought his was actually one of the less bad performances.

I am now going to forget the last two games ever happened and look forward.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
True, but unfortunately even more so for Collins and Jay. I thought his was actually one of the less bad performances.

I am now going to forget the last two games ever happened and look forward.
I thought that was mostly down to Burton's tactics. They were hitting diagonal balls in behind our wing backs.

Grecianpasty

Winning possession and keeping it. He looks susceptible of losing play in key positions, and he's wasteful in possession.

Trampus

He’s got the stature and engine we desperately need but lacks support around him. Need to toughen up our midfield urgently. Collins and Kite simply don’t have the presence needed.