• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Rekeem Harper (gone to Burton)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
His confidence will have built up a lot from that performance. I’m excited to see how far he can go with us.
Yes, he is quality and has bags of potential. But has had a tricky time at Ipswich and his City starts coinciding with bad defeats might have damaged his (probably fragile) confidence. Bossing the midfield live on Sky was just the turn he needed.

Red Devon

Progressing nicely his best game to date today.

tom_ecfc

First time I’ve seen Harper play today and seemed way off the pace. Positioning all over the shop, passing poor, diving/lunging into challenges where just standing up was more than enough. Hoping to see some improvement as from this first outing, very disappointing.
A much more rounded game from Harper today. Seemed to be up to speed with the game and picked his pressing and challenge well. Nice to see him improving, but still a long way to go until we see his full potential.

dontpassback

Played well today,got involved and there were glimpses of what he can do,so fair play to him for upping his game,let’s hope it continues

STURTZ

Will agree that he may have found league 1 harder than he thought, and that he had no pre season so may lack fitness, but I hope he can become the physical presence that we need playing in front of a back three. I think he can be a stylish defensive midfielder as he gains in confidence, he has the physique..

jimmy

Ridiculous how people were writing him off.
To be fair, although I am sure there was the odd hot-head that wrote him off, the majority of the comments were along the lines of... 'poor game against Burton, but too early to judge' or 'he needs to get up to speed quickly' etc.

Hopefully, he got back into his groove yesterday.

andrew p long

an important article outlining both MT and Harper's approach. Its so good to see how MT 'knows exactly what he(Harper) needs', that MT has simplified things for Harper, has confidence in him, knows there is more to come when Harper is fully match fit and better knows his teammates.

MT also highlights the important psychology for Rekeem 'after knock back after knock back'

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

an important article outlining both MT and Harper's approach. Its so good to see how MT 'knows exactly what he(Harper) needs', that MT has simplified things for Harper, has confidence in him, knows there is more to come when Harper is fully match fit and better knows his teammates.

MT also highlights the important psychology for Rekeem 'after knock back after knock back'
Also interesting that Harper is grateful to his psychologist as well! Gone are the days of football just being about kicking a ball and scoring goals

iscalad

Excellent article. Shows what the club is about.

tonykellowfan

I think if he makes a success of the loan, and I have high hopes, then this sends out a good message to teams higher up the pyramid that we can play a role in helping players restart their career.