• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Rekeem Harper (gone to Burton)

milts

When we signed Harper, I saw an Ipswich fan write that one minute he's Patrick Vieira and the next he's Patrick from EastEnders...
Sums him this week! I thought he was impressive against Barnsley and again in midweek. Today he was miles off the pace and rightly hooked at half time.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
So, what now for Rekeem Harper? 3 games under GC and he's not played a single minute despite being on the bench for all 3 games and the squad being quite thin.

He's plainly behind Collins Dieng and Kite for the midfield spots, ...whether its two or three. And that's even allowing for the fact that Harper was playing to build up match fitness. And he will presumably not be eligible for the Ipswich game.

I still hope and believe he'll come good. Meanwhile a controversial suggestion/question. Could he convert to a RCB?

Grecianpasty

So, what now for Rekeem Harper? 3 games under GC and he's not played a single minute despite being on the bench for all 3 games and the squad being quite thin.

He's plainly behind Collins Dieng and Kite for the midfield spots, ...whether its two or three. And that's even allowing for the fact that Harper was playing to build up match fitness. And he will presumably not be eligible for the Ipswich game.

I still hope and believe he'll come good. Meanwhile a controversial suggestion/question. Could he convert to a RCB?
Personally, I think it's more likely that he would go back to Ipswich in January and we look to bring in a striker, leaving Cox available to go out on loan.

Cowshed Grecian

I wouldn't have thought he would be much Kop at RCB, he's been a liability around our own penalty box from Midfield!

SaintJames

I would be very surprised if his parent club allowed that

Cowshed Grecian

I would be very surprised if his parent club allowed that
I dunno Ipswich might happily let him play RCB against them for us?!

Colesman Ballz

I dunno Ipswich might happily let him play RCB against them for us?!
Isn't it against the roolz anyway ? :unsure:

JCWhoosh

Not sure how long Kyle Taylor is out for but would be good to see him back soon.
I would prefer Harper to return to bring in funds for left defensive cover for Sparks.

Red Devon

Not sure how long Kyle Taylor is out for but would be good to see him back soon.
I would prefer Harper to return to bring in funds for left defensive cover for Sparks.
He isn’t expected to return to first team action this season.

SaintJames

Gary is clearly no fool having played Dieng, Kite and now Kegs in front of Harper who hasn't even had five seconds of match action off the bench let alone a start. We can just hope that we have a release clause in his very expensive contract to send him back in January which a birdy told me is north of £3k a week!