• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Sam Stubbs (and Cheerio)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's strange how he managed to play a few months of continuous games last season and the knee held up well. It's really frustrating for us but even more so for him.
Quite. It seems like Sam's knee problems require a bit of managing and, while the club succeeded in doing that in the second half of last season, it's proved rather more problematic over the summer and in pre-season.

One imagines, in a situation such as this, they're learning all the time and that, moving forward, once the knee has settled they'll be better placed to ensure the same issues don't arise again. To be clear, this isn't in any way intended as a criticism, it's simply a casual observation apropos what the situation might be.

Certainly, Sam was exceptional in the second half of last season so we have to hope that moving forward we learn to manage his knee problems.

I think there is a lot Of hope and positivity about Sam’s knee. That fact that it seems he has barely trained and still has problems with the swelling I can’t see him being available any time soon ,if ever. we need an out of contract replacement( if there is such a thing available).

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think there is a lot Of hope and positivity about Sam’s knee. That fact that it seems he has barely trained and still has problems with the swelling I can’t see him being available any time soon ,if ever. we need an out of contract replacement( if there is such a thing available).
According to other Grecians "Yer tis me ansomes"

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Such players exist. Whether they are good enough or within our budget is another question.

grecianfaniow

Sam Stubbs also known as glass, fragile handle with care.

Cowshed Grecian

Probably just needs to learn how to manage his knee, I gather this is an injury that’s never going away for him. Look at Paul McGrath and Ledley King who played at the top level, hardly ever trained and in McGraths case was usually still drunk and they were both superb on the pitch.

Brinty IFA

I believe that, a bit like Ajose, he can't play on hard pitches. This explains why he plays more in the second half of the season. I'd be shocked if he's here next season.

Banksy

Trouble is , as is happening now , we’ll struggle at the back with injuries because we’re already effectively one short there from a selection point of view.Hope our League One status doesn’t end up hinging on this.It was ironic since before our forward line and lack of backup was the main concern.
Maybe our big loanee centre forward can be adapted to play at the back.( Joke)

robchave

According to other Grecians "Yer tis me ansomes"

He's 37! Are we sure that he's still looking for a club and would he come to us on the wages we could offer?
I see he's French. Why not send Timothy to have a chat with him?

Banksy

He's 37! Are we sure that he's still looking for a club and would he come to us on the wages we could offer?
I see he's French. Why not send Timothy to have a chat with him?
At least the choir would be able to sing his song to La Bamba.