• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Sam Stubbs (and Cheerio)

Grecianpasty

What an awful time for the player to lose the physio too.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to CG's recent interview, he will not be back in the near future.

I'm sure he had returned to training recently but is back with the physio's now.
The physio has quit. Too much work.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
So frustrating, great player on his day but if we extend his contract that would be a very silly waste of wages.
I would bet my house on him not being offered a playing contract at the end of his deal.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's not going to be offered a new deal unless he plays the whole second half of the season.

Grecianman135

Can’t see Caldwell putting up with the Stubbs situation much longer to be honest,he’ll rather have a man regularly available than not he comes across slightly ruthless in that aspect…

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stubbs is a great player. It was worth the gamble but it's not fully paid off. We'll have to move on.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stubbs is a great player. It was worth the gamble but it's not fully paid off. We'll have to move on.
You could argue it did pay off, he contributed massively to our promotion last season.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
You could argue it did pay off, he contributed massively to our promotion last season.
Yep I agree. That's why I said fully. He was signed to help us get promoted and be good enough once we did. He's not playing now so it's not fully paid off.

Cowshed Grecian

Not paid off? He was sheer class 2nd half of last season. I’m not sure if we would of gone up without him. It’s a massive shame if he had been marshalling out defence this season I reckon we would be right up there.

Pobbop

Can’t see Caldwell putting up with the Stubbs situation much longer to be honest,he’ll rather have a man regularly available than not he comes across slightly ruthless in that aspect…
I don't think Matt would have stayed with it either, I think the hope would have been once they finally got him fit, he'd be fit. Yet it just seems his body is fundamentally broken, time to use his wages on someone that will play.