• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Sam Stubbs (and Cheerio)

ExmouthMart

I was only about 10 when Taylor played so I probably can't really judge him in the same way as Stubbs. I remember Taylor being really solid but Stubbs was just another level when he was playing regularly post Xmas last season.
Taylor was a bit more than ‘solid’……

Reactions: Ash

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are we actually going to get a run of games out of him before this knee condition rears up again? If we are fortunate enough to get him playing we'll have a damn good team as we won't be conceding these daft goals every game. However my feeling is that his career is all but over. Of course I hope I'm wrong, he's such a good footballer, but I don't believe his problem can be overcome like a normal injury can.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
............... he was Captain Bloody Fantastic was Shaun Taylor. Stubbsy plays with more finesse than Taylor sure but Shaun was as rugged as they come and played with the heart of a pride of lions.

sidney

Stubbs is also a huge attacking threat at corners. We are really missing him in that respect.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed, he was class for us. He also played in the Premier League for Swindon and won their player of the year three times. Great player.

kuznetsov

Taylor would and should be first name on any City all-time Best XI

grecIAN Harris

Taylor would and should be first name on any City all-time Best XI
Second. Nobody should ever be picked in front of Kellow.

Banksy

............... he was Captain Bloody Fantastic was Shaun Taylor. Stubbsy plays with more finesse than Taylor sure but Shaun was as rugged as they come and played with the heart of a pride of lions.
Spot on…….
And a nice bloke as well…..

Antony Moxey

Good debate this one. Had Rowbotham not got injured (and not taken a supposed big money move to Chelsea if he’d stayed fit) then I reckon he might have pushed Kellow a bit.

The deluder

Alan Beer for me.