• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Sam Stubbs (and Cheerio)

If he’s back and fit could we offer him a zero hours contract? Or the footballing equivalent?
Maybe a small retainer and then paid extra for playing or being a sub?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he’s back and fit could we offer him a zero hours contract? Or the footballing equivalent?
Maybe a small retainer and then paid extra for playing or being a sub?
Don't think anyone would sign up for that. How would he pay his bills ?

I'm beginning to think we've done all right without him, of course we would have done better had he been fit, and if he never kicks another ball for us I reckon we'll be fine.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
We have done alright, and we will do alright without him, but a fully fit Sam Stubbs is something we should aspire to have every week, he is total quality and we will be a much better side with him in it than without him. I really hope he can get his knee sorted, I feel incredibly sorry for him, it must be a nightmare.

Grecianpasty

We have done alright, and we will do alright without him, but a fully fit Sam Stubbs is something we should aspire to have every week, he is total quality and we will be a much better side with him in it than without him. I really hope he can get his knee sorted, I feel incredibly sorry for him, it must be a nightmare.
Both him and Cheick offer variety in our formation as well. With both fit we could comfortably play a back 4 against any team in the league.

I hope he's back soon, even if we are doing well without him.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is he training? Anyone got any idea when he's gonna be ready to play ?

Banksy

This is shades of our Nicky a previous playing nightmare.

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is shades of our Nicky a previous playing nightmare.
I suppose we have to be realistic, Stubbs when fit is a championship,at the least, defender...we took a punt with his fitness..fit I dont think we c ould afford him .if it comes off and he plays, we've got a player that at div 1 level, can make a REAL difference, if it doesn't, well it was a punt.. saying that it doesn't make the frustration of the situ any easier to handle..the club could keep us in the picture a little more.. and the' media' could also chip in with updates or not as the case
Might be

Alistair20000

Generally we are told 3 weeks

Reactions: 007

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely the club needs to make some sort of update unless they are thrashing out a deal that both parties have agreed to terminate the contract early?

Alistair20000

Surely the club needs to make some sort of update unless they are thrashing out a deal that both parties have agreed to terminate the contract early?
Announcement will be made on 29 December