• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What happened to the work parties?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
After seeing Oldsmobile mention it on another thread.

What has happened to the work parties?

I went to one at the Cat and Fiddle and it was great, a good laugh and you were helping with doing much needed jobs.

Since then, they have become very few and far between and if I am right, there hasn't been a work party at the Cat & Fiddle since the one I went to, was it 2009?

So why have they stopped? Surely there's always work needing doing, especially with the C&F building and certain areas in the ground.

Olivia's dad

Banned (PM)
Fans are still giving there free time to help out at the C&F on weekly basis with what's needed to be done.

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Indeed so, OD. But on top of that there used to be work parties, at least in pre-season. I remember the threads about them on here when I first joined. And the photos.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed so, OD. But on top of that there used to be work parties, at least in pre-season. I remember the threads about them on here when I first joined. And the photos.
Thanks Rae, which is what I am on about. Not the regular volunteers that help out at the C&F or club.

FAN-TATIC

The last work party at SJP that I can remember was when the barrier panels at the away end needed painting. At that time we had a Stadium Manager. However, he left or was made redundant and Clive Pring took over his responsibilities. I can't recall any work parties at SJP since then.

The Senior Reds were formed with the view that their skills could be utilised on a voluntary basis, perhaps some of them are helping out at the C&F as and when required.

Last edited:

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
What happened to the "Stay behind after the game and help to clear up" announcements?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
What happened to the "Stay behind after the game and help to clear up" announcements?
Does that not even happen anymore?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does that not even happen anymore?
The announcements don't happen but the volunteers most definitely do stay behind and clear up.

Grecian68

I did one a couple of years back when I helped paint the away end toilets, not well supported that day!!!

Thames Valley Red

I did one a couple of years back when I helped paint the away end toilets, not well supported that day!!!
I know alot of Exiled fans enjoyed the Summer events, with good notice they would be well attended...