• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What tipple are you drinking tonight thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we lose Sam or Jev - just a cup of tea.
If we keep them and add to the squad (as we hoped to do last window) possibly something stronger !
UTC

sign of the chimes

Farewell dry January, good evening Barossa Valley Cabernet Merlot - after a couple of pints of Irving Invincible before the match. Falling off the wagon nicely; raising a glass to proper football and proper football fans.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Farewell dry January, good evening Barossa Valley Cabernet Merlot - after a couple of pints of Irving Invincible before the match. Falling off the wagon nicely; raising a glass to proper football and proper football fans.
SoC - have yerself at least a glass on us Grecians !

Trapdoor

2009 Lynch-Bages.

Still needs at least another 10 years before this gets into its prime drinking window. It's past it's primary phase now but still extremely tannic and acidic. I feel this is a somewhat backward vintage built for a long future in the cellar. I've got a couple more bottles, might check it again in 2030.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
2009 Lynch-Bages.

Still needs at least another 10 years before this gets into its prime drinking window. It's past it's primary phase now but still extremely tannic and acidic. I feel this is a somewhat backward vintage built for a long future in the cellar. I've got a couple more bottles, might check it again in 2030.
Could last another 20 years and improve further that one Trappy.

Great one to have in the cellar 👍

iscalad

Bottle of Old Golden Hen

Oldsmobile-88

Drambuie from my hip flask, nicely warmed up to body temperature 😁

iscalad

Bottle of Butcombe Gold. Very quaffable

otterton reds

Bottle of Butcombe Gold. Very quaffable
Iam drinking Butcombe Goram.lovely

Trapdoor

Bohorquez 2011. A typical ribera del duero fruit heavy blockbuster, super extracted and concentrated. Great quality-to-price ratio at 20 quid a pop if you are a fan of RDD wines or port.