• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wheeler

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tisdales treatment of him is nothing short of a disgrace. If this is him developing youth players he can shove it.

2 mins in his correct position before being substituted and no doubt another 3 months on the bench.

grecian55

Couldn't agree more ,disgracefull

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdales treatment of him is nothing short of a disgrace. If this is him developing youth players he can shove it.

2 mins in his correct position before being substituted and no doubt another 3 months on the bench.
Completely agree. And yet Sercombe is kept on for the whole match every match.

Disgrace and a ****ing joke.

Bittners a Legend

I imagine Tisdale was irritated by Wheeler's insistence on trying to beat his man and put a cross into the box rather than turning back and giving it to one of the back four to hoof or providing Sercombe with the opportunity to give away under no pressure.

Rachmaninov

In total agreement - Wheelers disbelief at being subbed was painful to watch. No doubt that sort of reaction will mean he's not a proper chap and he'll go the way of Docherty...

grecian55

I imagine Tisdale was irritated by Wheeler's insistence on trying to beat his man and put a cross into the box rather than turning back and giving it to one of the back four to hoof or providing Sercombe with the opportunity to give away under no pressure.
Or passing back to Butterfield who still hasn't worked out how to move in a forward direction and is not allowed past the half way line .

wemissmoxey

I think he does it because the fans actually like Wheeler, I know it sounds bizarre but believe it or not I don't think you can rule it out.

Also any player with a bit of swagger who uses their raw natural ability generally gets discarded by Tisdale, look at the way Gosling has been treated.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
In total agreement - Wheelers disbelief at being subbed was painful to watch. No doubt that sort of reaction will mean he's not a proper chap and he'll go the way of Docherty...
and gow, and Baldwin????

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like Wheeler and, like others, was disappointed when he was substituted.

That said, it's all very black and white on here… was I alone in thinking DW might have done more to get a challenge in on the Wycombe goalscorer?!

wemissmoxey

was I alone in thinking DW might have done more to get a challenge in on the Wycombe goalscorer?!
Can't comment on that because I was not at the game however others get away with mistakes week in week out, i.e. they are not pulled off or dropped, Wheeler seems to be walking on eggshells, why ??? Just let the lad utilise his obvious ability, everyone would benefit.