• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Women's Football (General Chat)

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let's have an attempt at keeping the City Women thread to all things City related and have women's football in general chat here. Good idea?

DawlishBouy

There is already a women’s football thread on the top to bottom football forum. It was started by Rae UK on September 19 2019. The first 3 posts on the thread are by him. The next post was by DB9 on 20th Septemer 2019. Nothing else has been posted on that thread since. How highly do you rate your chances of keeping Dannyred on the correct thread ? About as likely as a cat departing Hades with nothing more than a singed tail I’d guess.

Rosencrantz

There is already a women’s football thread on the top to bottom football forum. It was started by Rae UK on September 19 2019. The first 3 posts on the thread are by him. The next post was by DB9 on 20th Septemer 2019. Nothing else has been posted on that thread since. How highly do you rate your chances of keeping Dannyred on the correct thread ? About as likely as a cat departing Hades with nothing more than a singed tail I’d guess.
Gotta keep trying 🙂

i8cornwall

See that Bristol City have now moved grounds to play at Bath City’s twerton Park. I’ve not seen when fans are allowed back into WSL games mind.

Apologies as am I tempting fait by mentioning a club playing in another town but thought I’d keep the thread going.

DawlishBouy

See that Bristol City have now moved grounds to play at Bath City’s twerton Park. I’ve not seen when fans are allowed back into WSL games mind.

Apologies as am I tempting fait by mentioning a club playing in another town but thought I’d keep the thread going.
West Ham were allowed to have a thousand spectators for their game at home to Arsenal last Saturday. But the attendance was just 730.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
West Ham were allowed to have a thousand spectators for their game at home to Arsenal last Saturday. But the attendance was just 730.
West Ham v Arsenal in the WPL attracts 730, when football crowds aren't allowed generally.

Maybe it isn't quite the massive opportunity yet that some would have you believe.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
'West Ham v Arsenal in the WPL attracts 730, when football crowds aren't allowed generally.'
In the middle of a pandemic? I'd say that was pretty good. Maybe you can't really draw conclusions from any crowd attendance at the mo.

DawlishBouy

'West Ham v Arsenal in the WPL attracts 730, when football crowds aren't allowed generally.'
In the middle of a pandemic? I'd say that was pretty good. Maybe you can't really draw conclusions from any crowd attendance at the mo.
A season ticket at West Ham is just £30. I doubt that the match-day ticket for that game was any more than a fiver. For a derby match in a city the size of London and with no competition from other live events it’s not great is it?

Rosencrantz

Tivvy got about a 33% uptick against average attendance for their game Saturday and they've put prices up to £12 for adults with season tickets a very good value £136.50.

iscalad

Fan power works