• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Women's Football (General Chat)

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Alex Morgan expected to make her debut for Tottenham against Man Utd today.

Red Devon

Alex Morgan expected to make her debut for Tottenham against Man Utd today.
Didn’t play after all still not quite ready after giving birth.

LOG

They're obviously different competitions but i thought it was a little silly having Newcastle v Everton on at the same time today as Everton's women were playing in the FA Cup final.

Rosencrantz

They're obviously different competitions but i thought it was a little silly having Newcastle v Everton on at the same time today as Everton's women were playing in the FA Cup final.
The women played better today even of they did lose in injury time.

Red Devon

Alex Morgan finally made her long awaited debut for Tottenham coming on as a second half sub yesterday

i8cornwall

Draw has just been made for next summer's euro's England in the same group as Northern Ireland.

All our (Northern Ireland) games are in Southampton so I'll be heading down for a game or two.

DawlishBouy

Average attendance for the 6 games played over the weekend was about 800. Only 2 games had over a thousand spectators. Birmigham City and Leicester City both played at their clubs main stadiums and both had sub 300 spectators. And these are the attendances being achieved with dirt cheap ticket pricing. Unless they’re planning on distributing thousands of free tickets every game those hopes of 6000 average attendances look like pie in the sky.

andrew p long

Got to feel for this player... a hat trick of own goals in the first half... and a 'perfect' one too, left foot, right foot and header.

I remember Chris Nicholl scoring all four goals in a 2-2 draw but I don't ever recall hearing of a hat trick of own goals!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone watching the Euro's?

Quality fairly poor but if you take it for what it is it's watchable. The game has come on leaps and bounds in the last 10 years which is good.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone watching the Euro's?

Quality fairly poor but if you take it for what it is it's watchable. The game has come on leaps and bounds in the last 10 years which is good.
I would say the game has come on leaps and bounds in the last 2 or 3 years more than any previously. Having watched some of the Euros I've been impressed at the level of skill and technique as well as tactical awareness, particularly from the better teams. What's really telling is the improvement when they haven't got the ball. Clearly the improvement in domestic competition has played a huge part in the standard of internationals.