• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup : Qatar Nov/Dec 2022.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Best ever since the last best ever.

ecfc70

FIFA boss Gianni Infantino says the WC 2022 was the "Best Ever"tournament, Yay or Nay?
Nay for me, but then he would say that wouldn't he?
It's been one for outsiders progressing further than before, the competition always throws up a few surprises on the way like Saudi beating Argentina but the officials have been mostly poor and the whole politics of the place and the decision to host it there have overshadowed the fifa showpiece
Still can't choose between 82, 86 or 90 for me
The next one could be very diluted with the extra teams and if it stays with 16 groups of 3 with the top 2 progressing it will be farcical when the last games are played out 0-0 for both team to fo through

dontpassback

Infantino is deluded if he thinks this World Cup,is the best one ever,personally I thought Mexico 70 was very good,simply because of brasil and the match against england with Bobby moore and banks,where we matched them all the way,and with better composure from Jeff astle,would have got something.the loss against the Germans was very disappointing after Ramsey got his subs wrong,the best team won the tournament ,but I thought the 1970 squad was better than the 66 team,with the likes of terry Cooper,Bobby moore,etc etc

Oldsmobile-88

FIFA boss Gianni Infantino says the WC 2022 was the "Best Ever"tournament, Yay or Nay?
Nay...It’s been a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I was a little meh,at the beginning, but really enjoyed the competition. A few crazy eliminations.

The best for me since ‘86 which imo was the last great tournament.

Avening Posse

The one I enjoyed the most, possibly due to not being stressed about how well or otherwise England would do, and being pleasantly surprised that it was really good after thinking the Americans would be rubbish at it, was the tournament in the USA in the 90’s. The current one has been a lot better than I expected mind

dontpassback

Southgate has now decided to stay as manager,so don’t expect England to be winning any time soon

ecfc70

Southgate has now decided to stay as manager,so don’t expect England to be winning any time soon
Only viable option if the FA want to keep the England manager English, why would Potter or Howe leave wherr they are so soon after starting where they are? The foreign manager option gives you Poch or Martinez who have the same amount of wins as Southgate
Other than the likes of Gerrard, Lampard and Terry (if he ever tries managing) who are way too inexperienced then who is there........Emma Hayes? Would certainly put a cat amongst the pigeons but the press and social media would go into meltdown over it

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
World Cup Final in a purpose built stadium and see the state of the pitch in the goalmouths.
Tinpot.

DB9

World Cup Final in a purpose built stadium and see the state of the pitch in the goalmouths.
Tinpot.
Thought the same looking at it.

Red Devon

Very one sided opening 45 minutes of the final with Argentina dominating France to lead 2:0 at the break.

Reactions: DB9