• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup : Qatar Nov/Dec 2022.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ukraine made light work of seeing off Scotland 3:1 last night, they now face Wales on Sunday in the playoff decider.

Oldsmobile-88

Ukraine made light work of seeing off Scotland 3:1 last night, they now face Wales on Sunday in the playoff decider.
A very tough game for Wales...That was a great result at Hampden Park. Home advantage counted for little, which really surprised me in a game of that importance.

Antony Moxey

A very tough game for Wales...That was a great result at Hampden Park. Home advantage counted for little, which really surprised me in a game of that importance.
You shouldn’t have been that surprised Olds, it was Scotland they were playing, who, despite the media trying to make them sound like a team who at last are competitive, are actually complete and total sh*te. They’re even more disillusioned than English fans who think we’re odds on to win the World Cup and Euros every time the qualification campaigns start.

Alistair20000

It really is beyond disgraceful. In the light of this (and this is over a year old) and similar reports elsewhere I would support a boycott of Qatar 22.
Horrible country. Should never have been given the tournament :mad:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Wales complete England's group along with Iran and USA.

Oldsmobile-88

A game at the Cardiff City Stadium yesterday. Ukraine certainly had their chances, but for once a bit of luck was on Wales’s side.
Finally burying the memory’s of the bad luck in a few previous World Cup Qualifying campaigns..’77 & ‘85 spring to mind.

It was on ‘council TV’ too 😁
Well done to the broadcasters for letting everyone enjoy it without subscription.

Bridgy 81

What a brilliant night it must have been yesterday in Cardiff, unfortunately I only witnessed it via the television.
A dogged and determined performance from the Welsh team. I love those type of backs to the wall efforts.
I thought Dafydd Iwan’s rendition of Yma o Hyd before the match was incredible too, it’s on YouTube if you missed it.
They certainly know how to create an atmosphere.
Passion, pride and spirit.
Great stuff.

dontpassback

Just watched Peru v the Aussies in the play off with the matched being played in one of the Qatar stadiums,not a brilliant game,but one thing that stood out is that fitness levels at this tournament are going to be crucial,although the stadium is air con,the pitch wasn’t and some of the players for both teams were going down like flies,they did have extra time and the Aussies went through on penalties,but any players who aren’t 100% fit will struggle,probably like Mexico 70,but hotter.I would assume the temperature in November won’t be so restrictive

geoffwp

Wales complete England's group along with Iran and USA.
Wales and usa to qualify then with england on an early fight home and Southgate's resignation already handed in.😄

grecIAN Harris

Wales and usa to qualify then with england on an early fight home and Southgate's resignation already handed in.😄
Hopefully Southgate will see the error of his ways before then and play a front three of Foden, Kane and Grealish and leave dross like Sterling and Henderson at home.