• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup : Qatar Nov/Dec 2022.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What an astonishing comment for Cleverley to make 😮

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
What an astonishing comment for Cleverley to make 😮
Idiot

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Damage in the mind " damages he World Cup - the only way of correcting this is NOT turning up !
Come on FA stand - up and be counted

iscalad

I see Blatter has owned up to being a mistake to award it to Qatar.

Spoonz Red E

Has he since found out that someone could have slipped him more cash? :cool:

Colesman Ballz

He's just trying to shift the blame onto Platini ! Always amusing when crooks fall out ! :p

Last edited:

Bridgy 81

I went up to Birmingham to see Michel Platini play for Juventus against Aston Villa in the European Cup in 1983.
Villa were the reigning European Cup champions at that time and as well as Platini and Boniek the Juventus team had most of the previous season’s Italian World Cup winners in it i.e. Zoff, Gentile, Cabrini, Scirea, Bettega, Tardelli and Rossi.
What a team.
I’ve no idea what, if any shenanigans Platini got up to in his much later FIFA administration role but I’ve always been grateful that I saw him in action in a meaningful game.
I also saw him for a second time a few years later in 1987 when he played at Wembley for a Rest of the World team against a Football League side to mark the latter’s centenary.
Maradona played that day too, just a year after his ‘Hand of God’.
But that’s another story!

Antony Moxey

I was at that game too. Maradona had so much skill it was ridiculous - walking round the pitch during the warm up waving to the crowd and lapping up the atmosphere and all the while doing keep-ups without even looking. I think I’ve still got the programme from that game somewhere.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm not entirely sure I understand why some groups are being given free tickets, even less so a group that is just an embarrassment like these

iscalad

I'm not entirely sure I understand why some groups are being given free tickets, even less so a group that is just an embarrassment like these

Another paywall. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator: