• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup : Qatar Nov/Dec 2022.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gamesmanship from Martinez yes, but Mbappe aside the French penalty takers completely lacked confidence and belief in what they were doing…absolutely superb World Cup Final nonetheless packed with excitement and drama.

A truly memorable game for all the right reasons. I thought Argentina played brilliantly until about the 70th minute with a superb performance from Messi but then they took their foot off the gas.

France coming back as they did with 10 minutes left of normal time scoring twice within a few minutes took the game to a whole new different level.

Sadly someone had to lose but in the end football was the winner with some great football played by both sides and superb goal keeping from both keepers.

As a game it had everything. IMHO one of the best ever WC Finals.

Certainly one of the best matches I have ever watched and I was delighted for Messi that it ended as it did.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even his misses were a thing of beauty that you can remember............. it says it all.😉
Perhaps there should be a GOAT thread and we can thrash this out.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Even his misses were a thing of beauty that you can remember............. it says it all.😉
I'm only messing (pun intended), Pele was obviously a total legend and up there with Messi, Maradona, George Best, etc. Deciding who is the best is pointless really as there is never going to be a definitive answer, just a bit of fun.

But it's definitely Messi.

Red Devon

Southgate has now decided to stay as manager,so don’t expect England to be winning any time soon
He will need to be braver and more attack minded if we’ve any chance of successful EURO24

Rosencrantz

I'm only messing (pun intended), Pele was obviously a total legend and up there with Messi, Maradona, George Best, etc. Deciding who is the best is pointless really as there is never going to be a definitive answer, just a bit of fun.

But it's definitely Messi.
Reminds me of the old Man Utd t-shirts they used to do (still might)...

Maradona good
Pele better
George Best.