• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay: The Royal Family

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Random House are gleefully claiming that Spare is the fastest selling non-fiction HB since records began.

Unfortunately for them, they overlook the fact that it's nothing more than a work of fiction.
Young Harry tends to remind me of Maurice Chevalier singing "I Remember It Well".

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Young Harry tends to remind me of Maurice Chevalier singing "I Remember It Well".
Did he mention he wore a gown of gold in the book then ?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reading today that a US burger chain has added a "Royal Silencer" burger to its menu.

arthur

I applied for a new passport a couple of weeks ago and received it yesterday. It refers to Her Britannic Majesty. Much as I admire the passport office's efficiency, I'm a bit surprised that they haven't discovered that the Queen died last year

Grecian2K

It refers to Her Britannic Majesty
Elizabeth?
Or Victoria??
Given the "efficiency" of our current Brittanic Government my money would be on the latter.
(Still, as consolation, I do hope that it was the promised (and expensive) Loyal Blue!)

Banksy

I applied for a new passport a couple of weeks ago and received it yesterday. It refers to Her Britannic Majesty. Much as I admire the passport office's efficiency, I'm a bit surprised that they haven't discovered that the Queen died last year
That’ll be a collectors’ item in fifty years time.

Grecian2K

That’ll be a collectors’ item in fifty years time.
A bit like the similarly named Rolling Stones item in original vinyl then?!

Mr Jinx

And so the big revelation today was the revealing of the "older" lady that took Ginge's virginity.

I wouldn't usually give tittle tattle like this so much credence, but I think it goes a long way to back up the saying "recollections may vary".

Firstly, she was barely 2 years older than him. Secondly, it was completely the wrong pub.

You have to wonder what else he got wrong. Be it accidentally or, more likely, on purpose.

Grecian2K

Wonder what the response might have been if, instead of flogging his tome to some Random House old Price Hal had chosen Harper-Collins.

If the latter, after yesterday I suspect ExeWeb would have been in even fuller spleen?

Grecian2K

Firstly, she was barely 2 years older than him. Secondly, it was completely the wrong pub.
Perhaps this should be the time to approach the gutter press with my tale about "losing my cherry" in the Park Hotel car park in Exmouth to the late Princess Margaret back in the early 70s 😍
(At least I think it "might" have been her - as far as I can recall we were both "incredibly drunk at the time")