• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay: The Royal Family

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
And...had it not have been for a family tiff between Queen Vicky's numerous spawn millions of decent, ordinary folk might not have been sent to their doom twixt 1914 and 18.
And that, actually, applies to the trenches on both sides of the battle zones.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
They are consummate professionals in the art of bullsh1tting that’s for sure.
Some of that from Whinge in her speech too, using words like "kindness", "grace" and "service". Self service, presumably.

lamrobhero

I have just heard the BBC news reporting on Meghan and Harry's latest adventures as I drove home.
I do not know why it is being reported as news especially with such prominence. Equally I do not understand why the haters are bothering with it maybe because deep down they are really lovers and Meghan and Harry have got inside their heads. If so I congratulate them.
Anyway Mr Morgan knows nothing - not sure where he appears in everybody's credibility stakes?

DB9

A quote from the Taxi Driver who gave them a lift for a while, Again via the BBC New Website, Of course when it comes to H&M its never straight forward but all the facts are needed to be known, We've gone from a virtually near fatal chase in NY to not very much happened. (Hopefully what actually will come to light, I'm sure NY has lots of CCTV etc to verify something but the Police not arresting anyone is confusing given H&M's spokesperson):

'Sonny' Singh was driving his yellow taxi through Manhattan on Tuesday night when he picked up an extraordinary fare.

He tells BBC News that a security guard hailed him and "next thing Prince Harry and his wife were hopping into my cab".

He says that as they travelled a block, they "got blocked by a garbage truck and all of a sudden paparazzi came and starting taking pictures".

He said the group, which also included Meghan's mother Doria Ragland, were just about to tell him the location they wanted to be taken to, but then told him to go back to the police station... where he dropped them off.

"They looked nervous, I think they were being chased the whole day or something - but the security guard he was on it," Singh said.

Asked about the description of a "near catastrophic chase" he said "I don't think that's true, I think that's all exaggerated".

He said he didn't feel in danger and that the police weren't following - "they only helped when we were blocked by the trash truck they honked and then they went their way we went our way".

Antony Moxey

And...had it not have been for a family tiff between Queen Vicky's numerous spawn millions of decent, ordinary folk might not have been sent to their doom twixt 1914 and 18.
And that, actually, applies to the trenches on both sides of the battle zones.
And? What on earth are you on about, and what on earth does any of that have to with the original question a page or two above?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
After a gruelling 2 hour car chase with speeds in excess of 80 mph through the streets of New York narrowly missing other vehicles and pedestrians.

The Papparazi finally managed to lose Harry & Meghan 🤣 🤣

tavyred

The hapless Sussexes are in certain quarters in the US becoming figures of derision.

DB9

Lawyers representing H&M have demanded that the photography agency hand over all photos/videos from the other evening, The agency wrote back saying this is not the UK and they will not bow to demands from a Royal and that the US got rid of those type of "Royals demanding" 250 yrs ago, Unfortunately there is no law in the US about not being allowed to take photos in a public place.

Colesman Ballz

Lawyers representing H&M have demanded that the photography agency hand over all photos/videos from the other evening, The agency wrote back saying this is not the UK and they will not bow to demands from a Royal and that the US got rid of those type of "Royals demanding" 250 yrs ago, Unfortunately there is no law in the US about not being allowed to take photos in a public place.
They will either have to just "suck it up" or move to yet another country to live ! If you are going to live off publicity it comes at a price.

Banksy

They will either have to just "suck it up" or move to yet another country to live ! If you are going to live off publicity it comes at a price.
How about North Korea?