• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yellow away kit

speedyflo

According to the local Blackpool paper:

Meanwhile the EFL has confirmed Exeter will wear their luminous yellow kit while Blackpool will play in their traditional tangerine. Darren England, who has taken charge of two Blackpool games this season, will be the referee. Former Britain's Got Talent contestant Faryl Smith will perform the national anthem prior to kick off.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-allocated-east-end-of-wembley-stadium-1-8552650

Legohead

Banned
Without intending to be 'inappropriate', Faryl Smith is a lot more easier on the eye than our simple, plain and grotesque away kit. That said, as long as we win I don't mind what we're playing in!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Come on Stattos, yellow kit stats please.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to the local Blackpool paper:

Meanwhile the EFL has confirmed Exeter will wear their luminous yellow kit while Blackpool will play in their traditional tangerine. Darren England, who has taken charge of two Blackpool games this season, will be the referee. Former Britain's Got Talent contestant Faryl Smith will perform the national anthem prior to kick off.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-allocated-east-end-of-wembley-stadium-1-8552650
What h**l are EFL playing at why can we not play in our traditional kit too. It seems as they and Sky are doing their best to treat us as second class citizens.......no chants of "come you reds".

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe we requested it, to make us feel like we are playing an away game?

IndoMike

We don't know how the decision was made. Was it by lottery?

Banksy

But begs the question , just what is wrong with wearing our traditional colours.Surely no clash?

Antony Moxey

Indeed, because how on earth will you be able to tell red and white stripes apart from orange(although to be fair Lloyd James does suffer from this quite badly).

fred binneys head

The least clashy would be our home kit and their blue away kit. I reckon we have asked to play in yellow because we are so good away from home and it will make us feel like we are playing away. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Andy Holloway

I think that you'll find it's something to do with you is 'deemed' to be home and who away. It also dictates which set of changing rooms teams have and therefore, which areas of the stadium are allocated to which fans.

Blackpool are obviously 'deemed' to be home and ECFC away.

Personally i couldn't give a fig what colour shirts we play in [well except green maybe!] as long as the team remember.