• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yellow away kit

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
To come up from League 2
Yeah they were all yellow"

#BetterThanNostrodamus
I'm liking this spoonz. Has a good ring to it. Let's get it going. Come on 133.

Redarrow

Hi all

The way it works is the clubs have to submit two kits they wish to wear, a simple coin toss decides who is in the home dressing room (Englands) or the away dressing room, whoever wins the coin toss and ends up in the home dressing room can choose, Blackpool have obvs won and chose to play in tangerine which means we have to wear the away yellow!! just thought I would let you all know as I know there was some confusion as to how its decided.

Cheers all and have a cracking time at Wembley!!!!!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Would have been good to play in red n white , but yellow is good aswell

city shirt 1.jpgcity shirt 2.jpg

Bexster

Hi all

The way it works is the clubs have to submit two kits they wish to wear, a simple coin toss decides who is in the home dressing room (Englands) or the away dressing room, whoever wins the coin toss and ends up in the home dressing room can choose, Blackpool have obvs won and chose to play in tangerine which means we have to wear the away yellow!! just thought I would let you all know as I know there was some confusion as to how its decided.

I think as well the ref can overrule any decision if he decides that the kits will be too hard to tell apart, no matter what the teams decide.

Luminous yellow vs. Tangerine, I'm taking my sunglasses.

Swanaldo

Ref can overrule any decision if he decides that the kits will be too hard to tell apart.
I think at the very least, one team should wear black shorts. City's yellow/yellow and Pool's orange/white are both very light-coloured kits overall.

Redarrow

I think as well the ref can overrule any decision if he decides that the kits will be too hard to tell apart, no matter what the teams decide.

Luminous yellow vs. Tangerine, I'm taking my sunglasses.
Haha it will be one for sore eyes that's for sure

Red Devon

Hi all

Quite happy to be the designated away team, as we know our home form caused us a lot of grief again this season...the team has played its best football and got some cracking results in the away kit here's hoping for one more!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The seem to worry as much about sock colour (so they can tell whose leg the ball last touched) as shirt colour. Both are the same as the shirt colour, so he might make one or other team play in different socks. Or makes us play in stripes and black socks. I'm sure we will be taking both to the game...

mumbo

Unfair Northern Red, some credit where it's due please.

Some facts.....Our Club does not have huge numbers of permanent staff so in exceptional circumstances they are stretched, & these are exceptionally brilliant circumstances.

We have had 3 games against Carlisle in 12 days, an intensive time for shop staff, supported by volunteers, selling tickets & kits.
Once we qualified for the final Wembley merchandise was ordered within hours.

In an ideal world it would have been great to open the shop last Saturday but staff needed to recover from
the previous 12 days knowing that the next week would be even busier......& because no Wembley merchandise would have arrived by the weekend.

Since the weekend staff & volunteers have worked under pressure to satisfy online orders, sell coach tickets, answer enquiries, continually unpack stock, put it on the system & the shelves & sell it.

We have also set up a pop up shop selling Wembley merchandise in the middle of Exeter, which receives new stock 2 or 3 times a day as soon as it arrives at SJP. Volunteers are staffing the shop & going to & from SIP for new items.

So you're right , this is typical of our Club.........staff & volunteers working together to ensure we do the best we can for our supporters.

UTC!

Elaine

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Unfair Northern Red, some credit where it's due please.

Some facts.....Our Club does not have huge numbers of permanent staff so in exceptional circumstances they are stretched, & these are exceptionally brilliant circumstances.

We have had 3 games against Carlisle in 12 days, an intensive time for shop staff, supported by volunteers, selling tickets & kits.
Once we qualified for the final Wembley merchandise was ordered within hours.

In an ideal world it would have been great to open the shop last Saturday but staff needed to recover from
the previous 12 days knowing that the next week would be even busier......& because no Wembley merchandise would have arrived by the weekend.

Since the weekend staff & volunteers have worked under pressure to satisfy online orders, sell coach tickets, answer enquiries, continually unpack stock, put it on the system & the shelves & sell it.

We have also set up a pop up shop selling Wembley merchandise in the middle of Exeter, which receives new stock 2 or 3 times a day as soon as it arrives at SJP. Volunteers are staffing the shop & going to & from SIP for new items.

So you're right , this is typical of our Club.........staff & volunteers working together to ensure we do the best we can for our supporters.

UTC!

Elaine
We do ask a lot of our volunteers (and staff), and we do appreciate what they do. It's frustrating that some of us who'd love to help out can't because of work commitments and distance.