• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Your Jurgen Klopp connection

Mervyn

Not likely old chap. More likely he’ll do well and cost any other club a lot of money to lure him and his assistant (who’s also signed an extension) away. Time will tell. Look forward to comparing notes in a couple of years.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
You really ought to try "stand-up" Merv.

With a lot of practice you might even find that you don't actually need to use your knuckles to aid forward locomotion.

Mervyn

Your strap line quotes Flaubert, probably my favourite author. He once said ‘there is no such thing as truth, only perception’. You have totally the wrong perception of me my friend. Grow up.

Grecian2K

Our "Jurgen Klopp connection"?
Well, we haven't lost six successive home games, for starters!

Mervyn

That's a great signing for us, too. You'll achieve £uck all, sack him and it'll cost you a fortune.
Very astute forecast old chap

haka

Ryan Lowe quote: "We are on our way back to being a sustainable Championship club."

If he thinks last time was "sustainable", some of you Greens should have a word. He doesn't remember or care what happened, but you should.

Is your run-on song "Won't get fooled again"?

fred binneys head

Very astute forecast old chap
I’m playing the long game.

Mervyn

I’m playing the long game.
I’d say the long game is looking OK for us. Sad to lose RL, and didn’t like the manner of his departure, but he was always going to quit after a successful spell. Delighted Schuey has taken over. Probably a better tactician.Time will tell.

older-codger

I’d say the long game is looking OK for us. Sad to lose RL, and didn’t like the manner of his departure, but he was always going to quit after a successful spell. Delighted Schuey has taken over. Probably a better tactician.Time will tell.
Think you will find his wife had a bigger say than any success he may have had

Mervyn

Think you will find his wife had a bigger say than any success he may have had
You’re probably right OC. We easily forget how difficult some wives find it to settle in the West Country, and families always come first.