• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 22/23

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Must have a good back line not to let a goal in - wonder if any ready for first team ?
UTC
Would these be the same team that took on Plymouth Parkway the other week?

Simba3011

Indeed. Post 73 above has Theo Cutler as an U17 (possibly U16?)
"Back into the team came Under-16 players, Jacca Cavendish, Theo Cutler, and Jake Richards"
Makes his achievements so far even more impressive

Simba3011

Must have a good back line not to let a goal in - wonder if any ready for first team ?
UTC
Harrison King could get a spot on the bench if Grounds is injured. - "Harrison King has now put four very good performances in "

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
its very interesting how they vary the line ups. Bringing in the U16s whilst on the bench were 3 players who I would guess are amongst those closest to a first team chance in future seasons in Pedro Borges, Aamir Daniels and Ed James (I think Ed is returning from injury)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Following on from a mention on the loan thread of Joe O'Connor playing well on loan at Tavistock, we seem to have a lot of promising central midfielders in the youth ranks. Pedro Borges was obviously on the bench yesterday. I was impressed with Gabriel Billington in the pre season friendlies I saw. Alfie Cunningham and Tom Dean seem to be highly rated stepping up from U16's last season. Even Harrison King I saw first playing as a central midfielder for the U16's in their Floodlit Cup triumph as couple of years ago even though he seems now to be a RWB.

One enquiry I have is, any news on Max Edgecombe who hasn't seemed to be involved yet this season after playing most of last season stepping up from U16's and looking good at left back?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Write up of Saturdays other result against the Vegans

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

DawlishBouy

City's under 18's [probably at less than half strength] lost 1-5 at Oxford United yesterday. Once again it's really disappointing that the club couldn't be bothered to report the result and having to search the internet to find it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Report from Oxford