• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

5 Substitutions from Friday

OmanGrecian

This could be the time for Ajose to get a look in.

budegrecian

Arguably, whilst this may be an advantage to us, as I believe we have good squad depth, I am not in favour of this move. It will break up the game even more in the second half & just isn't in the spirit of the game.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Arguably, whilst this may be an advantage to us, as I believe we have good squad depth, I am not in favour of this move. It will break up the game even more in the second half & just isn't in the spirit of the game.
am I correct in thinking that you won't be able to make 5 individual substitutions though? You will have 3 opportunities to make subs but you can bring a total of 5 players on, thus not having any more stoppages than the current rules permit.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Glad Westley isn't still in the game !!!! ...... and the feckin Cowley Bros !!!

ChrisWickens

am I correct in thinking that you won't be able to make 5 individual substitutions though? You will have 3 opportunities to make subs but you can bring a total of 5 players on, thus not having any more stoppages than the current rules permit.
That isn't stated in the report I have seen but I would hope so

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Glad Westley isn't still in the game !!!! ...... and the feckin Cowley Bros !!!
Or Tisdale, he'd be lobbying for 11 substitutions. After all, the bench was more important than the starting 11.....unless of course your starting 11 consisted of 11 Scot Bennetts!!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I doubt it will improve the game as a spectacle.

What is the rationale behind it ?

iscalad

I doubt it will improve the game as a spectacle.

What is the rationale behind it ?
The players are being overworked 🤫

Oldsmobile-88

The players are being overworked 🤫
Preferred it when it was just one sub,then two..If the keeper got injured or sent off ? Well that was just hard luck 😁..

Red Devon

Not sure Matt will take advantage of the extra subs, he’s spoke a lot recently about wanting the players on the pitch to see games out.