• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
To have this thread title at this point in the season given the overall success is frankly insulting to the Board, Management and Players.
No it isn't and I am sure, unlike you, they won't be so sensitive about it. @Spoonz Red E has put it perfectly in his response.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Source please. I'd like to watch / read it.
I believe it was this one:

Grecian Max

Perhaps pete, by this, taggy meant that the reputation of the club would be ruined as a club who stood by their managers, and so couldn't afford to do this.
Fairly certain it was monetary in the context

fred binneys head

Fairly certain it was monetary in the context
I understood it as “technically we have enough money in the bank (so could afford it) but it would mean we couldn’t afford to do anything else like bring in the players we need (so pragmatically we couldn’t afford to do it)”.

I could be wrong though.

Grecian Max

I understood it as “technically we have enough money in the bank (so could afford it) but it would mean we couldn’t afford to do anything else like bring in the players we need (so pragmatically we couldn’t afford to do it)”.

I could be wrong though.
Tbh, we went through about 10 pages of analysis with Edwin turning up the heat back in November or whenever it was 😂

It’s Taggy’s best haiku, has multiple layers

tavyred

Interesting to hear in the latest MNFC pod with GC that we had the 2nd lowest budget in league one last season. That statement being contrary to what Nick Hawker said during the ‘100 days’.

iscalad

Interesting to hear in the latest MNFC pod with GC that we had the 2nd lowest budget in league one last season. That statement being contrary to what Nick Hawker said during the ‘100 days’.
Possibly other clubs put more money in during January that skewed the figures.

Grecian Max

Possibly other clubs put more money in during January that skewed the figures.
I don't think it's this, I think everyone is saying whatever best suits their position

StudentGrecian

I don't think it's this, I think everyone is saying whatever best suits their position
100%. Tagg was saying bottom two very early on, Hawker came out and rubbished it because it looked bad when Tagg said we couldn't afford to sack the manager. It made the board look weak and people were again questioning the future of the club ownership.

Now we're back on top of things I'm sure they are happy to go with the bottom two stuff as it shows us as overachievers.

Grecian Max

100%. Tagg was saying bottom two very early on, Hawker came out and rubbished it because it looked bad when Tagg said we couldn't afford to sack the manager. It made the board look weak and people were again questioning the future of the club ownership.

Now we're back on top of things I'm sure they are happy to go with the bottom two stuff as it shows us as overachievers.
Hawker also has to defend the Trust model as being competitive - if it were true that we had a bottom two budget in this league then it would show long-term that Trust ownership wasn't/isn't fit for purpose in this division

One look at the gates shows we should be able to stay afloat in this league

It massively suits GC to come out at say bottom 2 budget for obvious reasons - I'm sure in his next job interview he'll say as much

It's all a bit of a mess really as it feels much more opaque than it should be

If you're putting (club staff) it out there in the public domain that the budget is definitively X then elsewhere another member of the board is saying contradictory - it's not a good look

Obviously some will lap up whatever is handed to them, but it's right to question this stuff