• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F1 2023

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
New season kicks off in earnest today. Hard to see past another Verstappen procession to the title this season. Red Bull still look like they have a couple of tenths on their nearest rivals looking at Checo's times. Ferrari, with a new set up under Frederic Vasseur will be looking to cut out strategy mistakes, still look the closest rivals. Mercedes are closer than this time last year but still not likely to be competing for wins yet on pure pace. Aston Martin with Alonso looks to be up there as well which might provide some excitement if he mixes it with the big teams.

The midfield look as tight as ever although McLaren will be disappointed to not be at the head with Aston Martin. It will be interesting to see how long the truce between Ocon and Gasly lasts at Alpine. Haas and Alfa Romeo both look more competitive this season and will be looking for good points.

The rear looks like it consists of Williams and Alpha Touri. However the spread of the field this year does look to be tighter from front to back. Early signs maybe that the regulations might be having an affect along with the natural settling down of new regs last season.

I do hope Ferrari and Mercedes can make gains and catch RB up to have a competitive season at the front as you know Perez won't challenge Verstappen. I do doubt that happening though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
New season kicks off in earnest today.
I thought it was in Bahrain? :)

TOP_CITY_FAN

Leclerc DNF in the first race.. Just give Verstappen the title now I guess

Red Devon

Harsh on Alonso losing third place with a second time penalty in Saudi GP

Rosencrantz

Harsh on Alonso losing third place with a second time penalty in Saudi GP
They did the same to Estaban Ocon in Bahrain so at least they are consistent. I don't know why they took so long to give the penalty this time though as Ocon was penalised during the race. I'm not sure being marginally outside the grid box to either side gives that much advantage.

Red Devon

They did the same to Estaban Ocon in Bahrain so at least they are consistent. I don't know why they took so long to give the penalty this time though as Ocon was penalised during the race. I'm not sure being marginally outside the grid box to either side gives that much advantage.
They should have made the decision before they did the podium….thought it was a more interesting race than Bahrain tho.

Rosencrantz

They should have made the decision before they did the podium….thought it was a more interesting race than Bahrain tho.
It was close behind the Red Bulls who are miles ahead, their straight line speed was always going to make it this track even better for them. Ferrari got caught out by the safety car by stopping early but will be worried to not really look like challenging Mercedes and Aston after the restart. Reliability is clearly on their mind. I am expecting a very different looking Mercedes in five or six races time, probably looking more like the Aston and RB. McLaren desperately need upgrades to reduce their drag. It was painful watching them struggle to overtake Logan Sargent's Williams, even with DRS advantage.

Rosencrantz

Alonso now reinstated to third. F1 really doesn't help itself at times with these decisions. It took so long to apply in the first place, well over half the race, and then three hours after the race finishes they change it back.

Red Devon

Alonso now reinstated to third. F1 really doesn't help itself at times with these decisions. It took so long to apply in the first place, well over half the race, and then three hours after the race finishes they change it back.
Crazy…it seems like now the mechanics will be able to touch the car but not actually work on it when taking a time penalty :confused:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Farce!