• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FACup 2023-2024 season

Stelios

Not a fan of Lineker but the BBC. overall coverage far superior to ITV’s.

The latter even managed to destroy some of the magic of the 5th round draw just one individual selecting the balls and no live link to any of the teams to see their reaction to the teams they have been drawn to play against.
I think the draw was delayed by the crowd trouble but the draw now seems to take place at random times whenever it suits ITV and shoehorned into a spare 5 minutes rather than making it an ’event’. It was better when ‘Chappers’ was interviewing managers/players in a social club on Monday night

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Ipswich failed to respect the Cup and the opposition. Not sure Coventry or Wednesday will make that mistake.

Wasn't Maidstone Mackster's* local team ?

*Once of this Parish with his mate who I cannot name.
I don’t Ipswich are the type of club who would disrespect anyone.

They would expect their squad players to beat Maidstone and rightly so & absolutely dominated the game with 38 shots compared to Maidstone’s 2 both of which they scored from.

On another day Ipswich win 3-0
and nobody batts an eyelid.

just one of those freak ones which happen once every few years.

STURTZ

A great day in a very depressing place. Even sitting in the posh seats, leaping to your feet when City scored was not to be recommended ! My mate and I sat back down again pretty sharpish ! :)
I actually travelled right across London and got home to Barnet before I celebrated our goal!

Oldsmobile-88

Wasn't Maidstone Mackster's* local team ?

*Once of this Parish with his mate who I cannot name.
Yes it was....I remember him posting about the history of Maidstone after they started again following their 2 years in the Football League & the ground share at Dartford which eventually put both clubs out of business.

Oldsmobile-88

Wasn’t a fan of the BBC camera’s showing live footage of the medical incident at Newport! 👎
Let’s hope the individual involved has recovered.
It seemed odd that the Newport Physio staff got involved ? The home club would have had to have had numerous medical staff available for a sell out crowd*

* The crowd was 9,000, There were 9,500 at Rodney Parade the previous Saturday for the game against Wrexham. I wonder why it was smaller capacity ?

Red Devon

Not a fan of Lineker but the BBC. overall coverage far superior to ITV’s.

The latter even managed to destroy some of the magic of the 5th round draw just one individual selecting the balls and no live link to any of the teams to see their reaction to the teams they have been drawn to play against.
ITV Included Reece Cole’s goal on Saturday in an FA Cup highlights reel on Instagram :ROFLMAO::)

OmanGrecian

ITV Included Reece Cole’s goal on Saturday in an FA Cup highlights reel on Instagram :ROFLMAO::)
What a FACup by ITV

tom_ecfc

Let’s hope the individual involved has recovered.
It seemed odd that the Newport Physio staff got involved ? The home club would have had to have had numerous medical staff available for a sell out crowd.
I believe the clubs medical staff now help with incidents as they include qualified doctors to help alongside the ground medics.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
TBH I'd love it to be Villa v Argyle in the next round and Ollie to do what he does best against the GAWS:

‘Tis written in the stars although I can’t see him doing a Stanno

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aye very underwhelming :(
Very disappointing for them