• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Stelios

The phrase, He she gets their flowers. I don't know why it annoys me. It just does.
Never heard it before :unsure:

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah, didn’t realise you were landed gentry. Assumed you had a little goldfish pond :LOL:

Maybe take a leaf out of the tench fishers book and construct a rake on a rope? It’s a good workout

View attachment 15449
Now that is some good thinking as long as the rope is securely attached to the rake

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never heard it before :unsure:
It's a new one that's cropped up.

Stelios

It's a new one that's cropped up.
In that case I already hate it

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
In that case I already hate it
Likewise.

Banksy

Tried a couple of times but not effective sadly. Maybe this is because we have a lake that is 60 yards by 20 yards and deep. This leaves donning body size waders and dragging the feckin’ stuff out with a very wide rake. Too deep to reach some of the nasty green slime though :(
And I thought our old 12 metres wide pond in Kent was big.Used to have to wade in to clear that one out but in parts it was several metres deep.
Glad we’ve left it behind for someone else to enjoy.Loved the ducks and moorhens on it though.Strange thing was , when we arrived there ten years odd ago there were lots of frogs , they’d all gone when we left. Sorry for the ramble……….

Colesman Ballz

And I thought our old 12 metres wide pond in Kent was big.Used to have to wade in to clear that one out but in parts it was several metres deep.
Glad we’ve left it behind for someone else to enjoy.Loved the ducks and moorhens on it though.Strange thing was , when we arrived there ten years odd ago there were lots of frogs , they’d all gone when we left. Sorry for the ramble……….
They must have all hopped it ! :)

Grecian2K

So the self-serving grifters (mostly American) in the touting industry have hosted a "secret" assembly for their fellow parasites to raise "lobbying funds".
Almost predictably they wanted £189* a head even before the bucket rattling started.
*Wonder if booking fee and postage was extra?

Stelios

So the self-serving grifters (mostly American) in the touting industry have hosted a "secret" assembly for their fellow parasites to raise "lobbying funds".
Almost predictably they wanted £189* a head even before the bucket rattling started.
*Wonder if booking fee and postage was extra?
I remember when these websites first appeared they pretended they were just there to allow ‘fans’ to resell their unwanted tickets in a safe environment :rolleyes:

There was a Dispatches (or similar) undercover TV programme which showed people working for the re-selling site with dozens of different credit cards buying whatever they could :rolleyes:

Alistair20000

The hotel receptionist grinning stupidly at one as one rocks up for the Speed Awareness Course. :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: DB9