• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Congratulations to Chesterfield. Delighted for the club and what a season they have had. I think they would've held their own in league one this season. Good side

I hear Caldwell has been asked to the celebrations.
When you see a side win the Conference at a cantor, They seem to breeze through L2, I suspect this time next year they will be there or there about in L2.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
When you see a side win the Conference at a cantor, They seem to breeze through L2, I suspect this time next year they will be there or there about in L2.
Assuming they don't lose a load of their squad I think they'll do well next season

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Assuming they don't lose a load of their squad I think they'll do well next season
Hopefully they've solved that and tied up players to long term contracts, Not say 12 or 18 month ones.

Bridgy 81

I've been over in Street (near Glastonbury) this morning.
My wife is on grandchild baby sitting duties today and after I took the other three older children to school I took their family dog for a walk.
I went by Street FC.
I see they have a home match this evening against Falmouth in the Western League.
It got me thinking how dedicated players and staff (and some supporters) must be at this level.
That's a 300+ mile round trip on a weekday for the people from Cornwall with no change out of a 6 hour return journey, before you even factor in any comfort stops.
You've got to take your hat off to that level of commitment.

DB9

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Boreham Wood and their manager to go their separate ways at the end of the season. This is a really nice statement from the Chairman

Colesman Ballz

Kevin Ellison has signed for his 19th Club at the age of 45. He has joined Vauxhall Motors who play in the Northern Premier League, Division 1 West. He made his debut as a sub on the 23rd March.

denzel

Taunton have had today's home game moved to Gloucester. Sounds like the decision was made by the league, game wasn't called off by Taunton.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
She seems to be doing well

Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

Taunton have had today's home game moved to Gloucester. Sounds like the decision was made by the league, game wasn't called off by Taunton.
A change of home venue seemed a inevitable push by the National League who are not know for their sympathy in difficult circumstances.
It’s been a real shame that Taunton Towns first season at NLS level has been so disrupted by home postponements.