• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

Boyo

So Plainmoor is owned by the council and most of the debt is to the previous owner, while the club has few assets of any value. One would imagine that a CVA in those circumstances would be pretty straightforward. Either Osbourne accepts Xp in the £ and Torquay will carry on, or he'll get nothing and Torquay will start again as AFC Torquay. I appreciate that's a very crass statement. As always there will be plenty of small businesses and suppliers who will be badly out of pocket.

Does anyone know what league would they start in, if they were to start a phoenix club?

dontpassback

So Plainmoor is owned by the council and most of the debt is to the previous owner, while the club has few assets of any value. One would imagine that a CVA in those circumstances would be pretty straightforward. Either Osbourne accepts Xp in the £ and Torquay will carry on, or he'll get nothing and Torquay will start again as AFC Torquay. I appreciate that's a very crass statement. As always there will be plenty of small businesses and suppliers who will be badly out of pocket.

Does anyone know what league would they start in, if they were to start a phoenix club?
Southern league maybe ?

jimmy

GARLIC BREAD?! sorry..I'll get my coat.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

As you say, think it's a bit more complicated than that... for instance, if the club us unable to fulfil the terms of the players' contracts, ie pay them, they will become free agents and at liberty to leave.

Would presume Osbourne doesn't meet the criteria for a preferred creditor and, that being the case, will take a significant hit. Notwithstanding that, I think there's a huge amount to be done before the administrators, and the various authorities, will allow the club to continue in anything like its current form.

Boyo

Southern league maybe ?
The Southern League Premier which includes the likes of Truro, Tiverton and Parkway, is the division they would end up in, if they were relegated this year. Given the 10 point deduction and the liklihood of having to return any loan players as a result of administration, that's not totally unrealistic.

The Southern League Div One, includes Exmouth, Willand and Bideford.

The league below that, The Western League, includes Buckland Athletic (Newton Abbot), Brixham, Wellington and Torpoint!

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster

Hereford FC started out in the Midland League Premier division which is the equivalent of the Southern League Premier - Same division as Tivvy, Truro, Dorchester and Parkway etc

DawlishBouy

Hereford FC started out in the Midland League Premier division which is the equivalent of the Southern League Premier - Same division as Tivvy, Truro, Dorchester and Parkway etc
Midland League Hereford FC started in is level 9, same as the Western League Premier and 2 promotions below Southern Premier.

STURTZ

There are people that think that this could never happen to City and those that remember that it nearly did.
Thankfully we got into action immediately we lost our league status and were quite lucky to secure our conference status, whereas Torquay have suffered this long lingering death which has already lowered their profile as an ex league club.
..any recovery is going to be very, very slow.

DB9

There are people that think that this could never happen to City and those that remember that it nearly did.
Thankfully we got into action immediately we lost our league status and were quite lucky to secure our conference status, whereas Torquay have suffered this long lingering death which has already lowered their profile as an ex league club.
..any recovery is going to be very, very slow.
Difference was our Trust was literally ready for the eventuality that happened, It wasnt this slow lingering "Death" like Torquay, Ours you could see at the start of the 2002/3 season it was grim and R&L attitude was so bad, It was obvious it wasn't going to end well. Totally agree with David's synopsis, Torquay fans have really got their work cut out.

angelic upstart

Midland League Hereford FC started in is level 9, same as the Western League Premier and 2 promotions below Southern Premier.
My apologies.

Glad you saw my "deliberate" mistake.