• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Found a gem on YouTube. The official ABC film of the 1977 Centenary Cricket Test at Melbourne in March.
It was quite a jamboree of former players attending. All we saw in the U.K. were the highlights of play late at night.
ABC were the official broadcaster for Australian Cricket until a couple of years later Kerry Packers Channel 9 turned their heads with a large amount of cash. The start of things to come with Cricket.

Rosencrantz

Found a gem on YouTube. The official ABC film of the 1977 Centenary Cricket Test at Melbourne in March.
It was quite a jamboree of former players attending. All we saw in the U.K. were the highlights of play late at night.
ABC were the official broadcaster for Australian Cricket until a couple of years later Kerry Packers Channel 9 turned their heads with a large amount of cash. The start of things to come with Cricket.
I can't remember what exactly they were called but I found ABC documentaries on Aussie cricket covering a decade at a time from the 50's to the 80's. As someone who has generally only seen old footage of England v Australia games it was nice to see other footage against the likes of the Windies, South Africa, India, Pakistan and NZ.

Oldsmobile-88

I can't remember what exactly they were called but I found ABC documentaries on Aussie cricket covering a decade at a time from the 50's to the 80's. As someone who has generally only seen old footage of England v Australia games it was nice to see other footage against the likes of the Windies, South Africa, India, Pakistan and NZ.
It’s great that we can now watch some of those matches. There was zero TV coverage of international cricket not featuring England until the early 1990s iirc.
The Aussies trashed the West Indies in 1975/76, the last time for a while any team did that.
Going back to the Centenary Test, I’d forgotten that Rick McCosker had batted in the 2nd Innings with a bandaged up broken jaw. John Lever gave him a bouncer to say hello, which McCosker hooked for 4 !

Oldsmobile-88

Oldsmobile-88

This years World Snooker Championship at The Crucible, Sheffield has been a good watch so far.
Excellent coverage & analysis as is the norm.
This Tournament had 3 Semi Finalists that were qualifiers. The first time this has happened since the inaugural World Championship at The Crucible in 1977
(Dennis Taylor, Cliff Thorburn & John Pulman)

Alistair20000

Tonight(28th April)on TPTV at 10pm the Sci Fi Armageddon film,Panic at Year Zero(1962)
Very much of its time with the world being on a knife edge following the Cuban Missile Crisis the year before.

Worth a watch.
Thanks for the heads up. Viewed it last night and although rather dated (of its time as you point out) it was indeed worth the watch (y)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
This years World Snooker Championship at The Crucible, Sheffield has been a good watch so far.
Excellent coverage & analysis as is the norm.
This Tournament had 3 Semi Finalists that were qualifiers. The first time this has happened since the inaugural World Championship at The Crucible in 1977
(Dennis Taylor, Cliff Thorburn & John Pulman)
Golden chance for these players, in the absence of the star names. John Pulman was an Exeter man, of course.

iscalad

Golden chance for these players, in the absence of the star names. John Pulman was an Exeter man, of course.
Teignmouth, I believe.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Teignmouth, I believe.
Ah, yes. He attended the Episcopal School in Exeter. Not sure exactly where that was.

Oldsmobile-88

Ah, yes. He attended the Episcopal School in Exeter. Not sure exactly where that was.
Episcopal School was between Mount Dinham & Haldon Road.