• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charity Match for Cancer Research

BASH

Does he need a
Lift?
yes mate would be good if you could!

BASH

yes mate would be good if you could!
lift sorted with glyn now

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
lift sorted with glyn now
You dont need a lift now?

BASH

You dont need a lift now?
no i have one sorted with glyn thank you forthe offer

citysfinest

No probs mate

Grecian_in_Plymouth

ok, we are sorted , i think...

i may even take my pink kit...

Last edited:

citysfinest

Can I just say for those who have seen the story in today's echo, I did not say most of that stuff! I am not the organiser, Mario is. I actually text him Specifically asking for his full name as the paper asked who is organising it. I also don't know if Marie is attending and didn't mention her name, or I didn't mention any of our players specifically-they asked for the names of the people on my team as they are doing photos tomorrow and they chose to mention flacky and Logie's brother.

But f*ck it all publicity is good publicity. Roll on tomorrow.

JayPob94

Looking forward to it! Gonna be a great day

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its going to be fecking hot tomorrow, just glad we're playing at 3pm, would fancy it in the midday sun!

Looking forward to it

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can I just say for those who have seen the story in today's echo, I did not say most of that stuff! I am not the organiser, Mario is. I actually text him Specifically asking for his full name as the paper asked who is organising it. I also don't know if Marie is attending and didn't mention her name, or I didn't mention any of our players specifically-they asked for the names of the people on my team as they are doing photos tomorrow and they chose to mention flacky and Logie's brother.

But f*ck it all publicity is good publicity. Roll on tomorrow.
As you say, all publicity is good publicity, particularly when the Stansfield Charitys are the benefactors, that goes without saying. However, I haven't seen the E&E article you refer to, but I think its well out of order if Mario, who came up with this idea over six months ago, hasn't at the end of the day got a mention.

All I would say, before you engage in the photoshoot tomorrow, is to call Mario and ensure that Mario can be present. If he cant make it, then postpone the photoshoot until he can. I'm sure you'll agree that it would be grossly unfair if Mario (who is an avid Argyle supporter) doesnt get any credit at all for an idea that was original his.

I'll do all I can to ensure Mario can make it, but if he cant, I would hope you would have the good grace to cancel any photoshoot if its going to project the viewpoint that for circumstances beyond your control, it makes it seem that you are behind what was most definitely Mario's original idea.