• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official AFC Wimbledon vs ECFC match day thread

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
And there lies the 64 million dollar question.

We cannot afford to sack him, but can we afford not to?

LL
Exactly, and I know we can't turn back the clock, but why didn't the board give him notice when we were relegated that the 2 year contract would be reduced to 6 month rolling contract? Whatever happens unless he leaves off his own back, we have to give him 2 years notice, the longer we delay that, the longer it goes on.

I do feel Tis is so tied up in his own self importance, that he can no longer see the bigger picture.

PS: Just in case AREF is reading this. Bolton fans are going mental and calling for the manager to be sacked after losing today, apparently they should have beaten Cardiff, despite Cardiff being a Prem side. Don't think you can class Bolton as a team that is expected to succeed.

exeterrobbo5

we aint gonna beat oxford tuesday and we will go for a burton on saturday.now i can see the conference i truly hope im so wrong but we need points fast........ plymouth fans must be well pleased.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Even if we lose and all 3 sides of the ground held up "Tisdale is a ****" signs it still wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

We don't have the money to pay him off and even if we did everyone is so far up each others arse that they wouldn't make the decision anyway.
I have to agree with this, the self serving clique are loyal to each other and no doubt have it mind to stand or fall together till the end. Nothing will happen as there are too many snouts in the trough for that to happen. Even if we are relegated they will no doubt convince themselves that they the only ones to get us back in the league.
Our ownership model is seriously flawed, we`ve replaced generally speaking well meaning and sometimes incompetent owners with limited funds, with an unelected cabal with a twisted sense of entitlement...but we all knew that!:)

Ashford Grecian

Most 'Proper Chaps' would do the honourable thing & resign.
Really? In what other occupation do you feel that if you are personally doing a poor job you would resign and leave yourself unemployed? Why should football management be any different?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really? In what other occupation do you feel that if you are personally doing a poor job you would resign and leave yourself unemployed? Why should football management be any different?
Because being a football manager isn't like a normal job.

grecIAN Harris

I have to agree with this, the self serving clique are loyal to each other and no doubt have it mind to stand or fall together till the end. Nothing will happen as there are too many snouts in the trough for that to happen. Even if we are relegated they will no doubt convince themselves that they the only ones to get us back in the league.
Our ownership model is seriously flawed, we`ve replaced generally speaking well meaning and sometimes incompetent owners with limited funds, with an unelected cabal with a twisted sense of entitlement...but we all knew that!:)
More pennies dropping. This has been on the cards almost since the get go. The village hall mentality of how The Trust has run itself has lead to them being overrun by few. There doesn't appear to be anybody with enough clout from within the membership to call the board to account and if, by chance, there is somebody in there to upset the apple cart that is the board they won't get the support of the membership because our local mentality isn't ballsy enough. It is, by nature, too laid back. It is why Wimbledon will probably survive longer in this scenario than we will, because London nature means they will have people to front up when big questions need asking.

Barum

If I was personally responsible for the probable financial failure of the company due to my poor performance, then yes, of course I would resign.

Silver fox

Agree, but in most other occupations with poor results like this you would have been sacked long ago.

exeterrobbo5

tis should be thinking of the club and what is best,nobody is bigger than the club,and that applies to the rest of them and im not talking about any players.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I actually feel sorry for some of our players, it must be pretty frustrating for some of them. Lack of confidence must surely be playing a part now, so surely it's down to the manager to change these things.