• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ground Rules

motorservices

Ok now, as a smoker i fully understand the non smoking law for ALL football grounds, now, ive moved on to E-cig or Vaping, Yesterday i was having the odd draw on my Cherry filled E-cig and a steward approached me and told me im breaking the stadium rules and if i do it again id be banned

NOW

Today i decided to take a read of the Stadium rules

(you can view them here http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/club/ground-regulations/ )

as you can see Item 15 CLEARING says smoking is banned, NOTHING about E-cigs

Ok fair enough technically i wasnt breaking the rules, BUT what got me more is RULE 16, clearly states (and i quote)

Mobile telephones are permitted within the Ground, provided that they are used for personal and private use only PROVIDED THAT no audio, visual or audio-visual material captured by a mobile telephone may be published or otherwise made available to any third parties including, without limitation, via social networking sites.

So 15 seconds on Youtube brings up many fans footage, so my point (and there is one) you dont see the stewards telling people they cant film on the phones but you do see them telling vapers they cant do it, EVEN THOUGH there not in the grounds rules

This isnt a dig at the club, more over a case of the rules need updating, OR the stewards need to know what the RULES are in the first place

Couldn't you go at least 90 minutes without a puff of anything? If you need something in your mouth why not try your thumb. Say no to drugs

motorservices

Couldn't you go at least 90 minutes without a puff of anything? If you need something in your mouth why not try your thumb. Say no to drugs
haha, thats an easy comment to make if you are not and have never been a smoker, BUT the point i was making is, yes Stadium Rules are in place, but the stewards seem to decide what they are going to enforce and the ones there not, it should be a case of all rules are enforced, the simple fact that no where in the rules does it mention vaping means there is nothing they can do

wiveygrecian

haha, thats an easy comment to make if you are not and have never been a smoker, BUT the point i was making is, yes Stadium Rules are in place, but the stewards seem to decide what they are going to enforce and the ones there not, it should be a case of all rules are enforced, the simple fact that no where in the rules does it mention vaping means there is nothing they can do
There was a bloke stood behind us at the top of the bank smoking real cigarettes on and off several times during yesterday's match .
He just sat down when he had one, no stewards noticed. Between posts 5 and6.

motorservices

There was a bloke stood behind us at the top of the bank smoking real cigarettes on and off several times during yesterday's match .

I know i could smell it in the first half, thats what got me, now if its in the rules then fair enough, but it isnt there, and until its there i will continue to vaper :)

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's an easy comment to make if you've half an ounce of will power too. I would guess most people would ask you stop if you were sat beside them - whether it's fag smoke or vape smoke it still stinks and if you're not the one doing it you don't want to be breathing it in.

motorservices

It's an easy comment to make if you've half an ounce of will power too. I would guess most people would ask you stop if you were sat beside them - whether it's fag smoke or vape smoke it still stinks and if you're not the one doing it you don't want to be breathing it in.
thats like say an addicted gambler should be able to stay out the bookies, or a driver should be able to stay in the speed limit, Addiction to something is sometimes out of the persons control.

But back on track, so you think that apples/cherries/strawberries stink? very strange indeed mr Moxey

That doesnt change the fact that (as it stands ATM) its not breaking Stadium rules

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not a fire hazard therefore should be allowed.

Can use ecigs at saints, our North stand is sponsored by an ecig company.

When I first started on ecigs a steward told me I wasn't allowed to. I pointed out that I was and he insisted I wasn't. I told him to find out from the head steward. 15 minutes later, he came back and informed me he was wrong. At that point, a bloke 2 rows in front was actually smoking so I pointed it out. The steward said 'I can't do anything about that'.

Gutless pr1ck.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, I saw (and smelt it) as well.

The stewards were idiots to not spot it.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, I saw (and smelt it) as well.

The stewards were idiots to not spot it.
More like too scared.