• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley at the game yesterday?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
There is no way that Harley could be match fit having not played a game for 3 months or more.
How do you get match fit unless you play games?

How do you get match fit unless you play games?
You get your physical fitness right first. Then you take your place on the bench and play as a sub, playing for an half an hour or so and you gradually get your match fitness up to scratch over 2 or 3 games, most managers say it takes about a month even after a period of lengthy injury. But I am sure you knew that anyway.

Antony Moxey

You get your physical fitness right first. Then you take your place on the bench and play as a sub, playing for an half an hour or so and you gradually get your match fitness up to scratch over 2 or 3 games, most managers say it takes about a month even after a period of lengthy injury. But I am sure you knew that anyway.
So we've got him for a little over a month, and it looks as though it's going to take a little over a month to get him up to speed...

grecIAN Harris

So we've got him for a little over a month, and it looks as though it's going to take a little over a month to get him up to speed...
I presume you missed the 'with a view to signing him permanently in January' comments in most reports of his arrival.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Tisdale suggested Harley maybe involved in some respect next week. It's a bit difficult to judge what is right or wrong until we see him on the pitch. noble has been on loan for ages now and didn't start I believe until Warrington although he may have had an injury shortly after he turned up.

JRFowler

Tisdale suggested Harley maybe involved in some respect next week. It's a bit difficult to judge what is right or wrong until we see him on the pitch. noble has been on loan for ages now and didn't start I believe until Warrington although he may have had an injury shortly after he turned up.
He will make the bench at accrington I reckon, he's just arrived and I'm sure tis would want to see him in training and settling down with the lads before naming him in the squad. That's the right way to do things, throwing him in blindly and out of passion wouldn't do anything for the other lads who work hard in training and on the bench to earn there spot in the starting XI. Having him in the squad has gotta be good, itl push the lads already here because they won't want to loose there spot to him.

Antony Moxey

I presume you missed the 'with a view to signing him permanently in January' comments in most reports of his arrival.
I presume that you realise that that could still mean we might not sign him? 'With a view to' does not mean the same thing as 'We definitely will be'.

grecIAN Harris

I am aware of that but given his previous history and the efforts made to get Ryan here, if you read the comments from the East Devon Grecians meeting you'll realise it's been going on for a while now, you'd be forgiven for thinking that it will happen(I wouldn't quite go as far to say a foregone conclusion).

Jam Doughnut

I'm sure tisdale is looking to give him a contract in January,so he doesn't want to see Harley playing brilliant and scoring goals until then otherwise some other club will offer him more and steal him from under our noses!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm sure tisdale is looking to give him a contract in January,so he doesn't want to see Harley playing brilliant and scoring goals until then otherwise some other club will offer him more and steal him from under our noses!
There are bound to be other clubs in our division who could offer him more than we can, but I think he has learned his lesson regarding joining new clubs that might not understand his game or fit into their tactics. He'd be a fool not to stay with us for a while to build his name up again.