• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley at the game yesterday?

Pobbop

There are bound to be other clubs in our division who could offer him more than we can, but I think he has learned his lesson regarding joining new clubs that might not understand his game or fit into their tactics. He'd be a fool not to stay with us for a while to build his name up again.
I think there's always the factor that he seemed to like living here too. The fact he seems to come back a lot. Always seemed to see him out-and-about (even in those horrible Uggs(facepalm))

grecianstew

As a matter of interest, does "training with us" as he has been for a good few weeks i believe, mean he has been doing so as if a full, bona fide member of the squad? Or has he been dipping in and out as it suits either party?

motorservices

As a matter of interest, does "training with us" as he has been for a good few weeks i believe, mean he has been doing so as if a full, bona fide member of the squad? Or has he been dipping in and out as it suits either party?
I posted a question asking if swindon were paying us to have Harley train here, as my view was if our coaches are spending time with him then thats less time on our our players, this was rubbished by some here, it now appears that we were gonna get something from it, and i 4-1 are very happy with the outcome

So we've got him for a little over a month, and it looks as though it's going to take a little over a month to get him up to speed...
I think it may be down to forward planning. If Grimes is to go in January and if Harley is to transfer full time in January it makes sense to get him onboard now through the loan system so that when January comes he will both physically fit and match fit, not to mention an active member of the squad. Just looking at it from the so called 'bigger picture.'

I would think that Tisdale has a pretty good idea of what can be achieved in January otherwise I doubt that he would have taken the loan option given the number of midfield players we currently have.

Last edited:

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would think that Tisdale has a pretty good idea of what can be achieved in January otherwise I doubt that he would have taken the loan option given the number of midfield players we currently have.
I think that's right. I can't remember the exact words used by Tis, but the impression was that a deal had been agreed by all three parties and would get done in january. Of course, as Moxers points out, it can't be guaranteed - such transfers aren't allowed in November or december - but there is a high degree of confidence.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
He will never be worth more than £500k while he is with us because any potential buyer knows that we are in no position to turn down any offer of half a million squids.
Bet you feel stupid now, eh BigBanker?