• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnet v City match day thread.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
yeah of coarse he will (tmi)what i actually said was, not that you EVER TAKE ANY NOTICE was given his habit of being involved in f=ups i'de be surprised if any manager would stick by him and if they did , it could IMO be a truly calamitous decision,and result in the second thing i said which was that if we kept him , we'd end up in the conference,, seems yeovil, unhappily, look as though they are keeping that one going
I don't take notice because I disagree with you. neither of us will have seen enough this season to know whether it's his fault they are losing or not. I did see though he won a penalty shoot out for them, albeit in a minor competition. I still wish him well(y)

denzil

Problem is we never have a plan B for teams that close us down, we are always outmuscled and its hard to have a cutting edge when your 2 leading goalssorers are taken off.
We've never had a Plan B and after how many years it's galling to say the least.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Changes are needed. I don't think the loan market is the answer, yet, but we need a bit more bite in midfield and better linkage between midfield and the front.

rp42

Great post.

It's going to be a trying season if Argyle continue in the manner they have started (best since the 1920s apparently)

has James Brent invested more than £1.75 million directly into Argyle?

Tisdale's obsession with new pitches at the expense of our playing budget is part of our problem imo
Surely there's nothing wrong with the pitches we have,after all they get enough she-ite on them every week.

Last edited:

Red Devon

Very poor with Barnet the better side, the reaction of the fans at the end said it all!!

Red faced

Great post.

It's going to be a trying season if Argyle continue in the manner they have started (best since the 1920s apparently)

has James Brent invested more than £1.75 million directly into Argyle?

Tisdale's obsession with new pitches at the expense of our playing budget is part of our problem imo
As much as I hate Argyle, I don't resent their success at all. They are only doing what most of the more ambitious clubs do and will only be with us for a brief spell. Good luck to them I say. All that their success does for me, is highlight my annoyance with my own club and the fact that we are shamefully one of the true long-term Cellar-dwellers of the football league. As a kid I'd always hoped that we would have some sustained success..But ...

GrecianWonder

Changes are needed. I don't think the loan market is the answer, yet, but we need a bit more bite in midfield and better linkage between midfield and the front.
Noble and Harley were the best players on the pitch today. They can't help it if other players don't make runs or create space. The problem today was the forward players. Nichols, wheeler, Morrison and Watkins were ineffective. Grant was dreadful. First touch of the ball came at 19 minutes and he only touched it one more time in the first half. Time and time again he dropped deep or wandered inside which made it easy to defend against and he didn't offer an option to Harley or noble. To top it off, he was offside from a free kick when he could look across the line.

LOG

What a way to ruin manc's 27th (!) birthday.

Clint's on the football league programme tonight though so at least we can look forward to that.

citizen

What a way to ruin manc's 27th (!) birthday.

Clint's on the football league programme tonight though so at least we can look forward to that.
The day just gets better ,big Clint talking his way further into City faithfuls hearts.Hopefully he will do a great job tonight and take the roll on Channel 5 full time.

Grecian Max

We play exactly the same way at 2-0 down with 10 minutes to go as we do in the first 10. Why is this? Complete lack of urgency. I'm fed up with the watching tidy passing in triangles on the corner of the box instead of looking to get it into the area and perhaps have a shot.

We can't deal with physical sides, that's a standard Tisdale thing. When things go ok for us we look decent but have no plan B when the tide turns.

Stagnating big time in this league now. That squad is more than good enough to challenge yet it's constantly safety first tactically. Boring as **** to watch, but there's nothing we can do so we'll keep on trundling along. Not looking forward to our inevitable anaemic defeat at home park in a few weeks.

Last edited: