• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnet v City match day thread.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was one of many on here who believed that Clinton still had something to offer but feel that it is time he called it day now. He may not be costing us too much but the money he is costing us could be better spent on freshening up the squad via the loan market.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Weren't they just spent the whole game giving their opinions on City and Barnet's tactics with next to no commentary on the game itself.
yep, i've heard some pretty dire commentaries on radio devon b4, but the trash those two delivered up today, from stupid mistakes to lack of detail about the game , ranks probably at the top, or the bottom depending on your angle!!! their boss should seriously look at what they delivered and do something about it.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's just like groundhog season: we win a few, get in touch with play-offs and then our form disintegrates and we slip back down the table. Sometimes good away, very occasionally good at home, but never both for long enough to really get in the mix.

No wonder the prediction and match day threads are so sparse nowadays.

If we lose at Didcot then I've truly had it with Tisdale

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
yep, i've heard some pretty dire commentaries on radio devon b4, but the trash those two delivered up today, from stupid mistakes to lack of detail about the game , ranks probably at the top, or the bottom depending on your angle!!! their boss should seriously look at what they delivered and do something about it.
Anyone know who we can contact to express our feelings and disappointment?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Problem is we never have a plan B for teams that close us down, we are always outmuscled and its hard to have a cutting edge when your 2 leading goalssorers are taken off.

oxford don

It was a pretty poor performance but Barnet played very well. Ultimately there are 2 teams on the pitch and they impact the game as much as we can and they defended very well. There were 2 individual mistakes and that was the difference.
I concur with that, well organised, direct and used the home advantage. .defensively we were actually reasonably sound Im afraid our midfield are slow and front line powder puff at times.. Ref was over officious and very pedantic didn't give us the marginal decisions a real homer if ever I saw one...he didn't concede the goals though.

Tis doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of a good squad of Players and perhaps it is time to change the ecu in the Exeter car. Journey for me down M40 isn't too bad but I feel sorry for the die hard travellers...short changed this afternoon.!

Are you lot still hankering on a play off spot... ? don't hold your breath for too long !

Last edited:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
What bothers me is that despite being in a much sounder financial position and having been able to make signings in the summer, we don't seem to be any better than we were last season. There doesn't seem to be any progress, and this persistence with playing these ****ing dreadful 40 year-olds when we have a good crop of young players waiting in the wings and out on loan is starting to annoy me.

I agree with Globe. Tisdale's under big pressure ahead of the Didcot game.

rp42

I concur with that, well organised, direct and used the home advantage. .defensively we were actually reasonably sound Im afraid our midfield are slow and front line powder puff at times.. Ref was over officious and very pedantic didn't give us the marginal decisions a real homer if ever I saw one...he didn't concede the goals though.

Tis doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of a good squad of Players and perhaps it is time to change the ecu in the Exeter car. Journey for me down M40 isn't too bad but I feel sorry for the die hard travellers...short changed this afternoon.!

Are you lot still hankering on a play off spot... ? don't hold your breath fro too long !
We did get warned about the Ref in the week by a Southend fan i think?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's just like groundhog season: we win a few, get in touch with play-offs and then our form disintegrates and we slip back down the table. Sometimes good away, very occasionally good at home, but never both for long enough to really get in the mix.

No wonder the prediction and match day threads are so sparse nowadays.

If we lose at Didcot then I've truly had it with Tisdale
Me too not sure he is necessarily a bad manger but he no longer seems to be able to motivate the team. As others have said nothing lasts for ever and just has Liam has prospered after his move Tisdale could well benefit from a fresh challenge and perhaps being in a job where in order to keep it he has to deliver. We hear managers talking about players benefitting from having to fight off the challenge from others for their place in the team......surely that applies equally to managers !!!?

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Opposition too physically strong. Check
Lots of possession with little clue what to do with it. Check.

5yrs of these excuses being trotted out. Various excuses, financial, geographical etc. Until the manager changes his belief that we can get out this division with a collection of slow, old physically weak players we'll enjoy more afternoons like today.

His selections in midfield are nothing short of a disgrace