• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnet v City match day thread.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The day just gets better ,big Clint talking his way further into City faithfuls hearts.Hopefully he will do a great job tonight and take the roll on Channel 5 full time.
Don't understand why the guy has a 128 page thread on here when he only has one goal on the pitch.

How about we play some of the kids, after all we'll never sell Clint for £1.75 million*

*although I'm not convinced we sold Grimeo for that much, but hush, hush, don't tell the fans

Last edited:

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We play exactly the same way at 2-0 down with 10 minutes to go as we do in the first 10. Why is this? Complete lack of urgency. I'm fed up with the watching tidy passing in triangles on the corner of the box instead of looking to get it into the area and perhaps have a shot.

We can't deal with physical sides, that's a standard Tisdale thing. When things go ok for us we look decent but have no plan B when the tide turns.

Stagnating big time in this league now. That squad is more than good enough to challenge yet it's constantly safety first tactically. Boring as **** to watch, but there's nothing we can do so we'll keep on trundling along. Not looking forward to our inevitable anaemic defeat at home park in a few weeks.
Yep, every day is Groundhog Day with Tisdale.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Got to say I can't disagree with much in the posts so far. A very disappointing performance and Tis really is going to have to do some real arse kicking out on the training pitch next week but as memoman says, a collective kick would be better. Someone respected needs to have a word in the managers shell like. Where has the balance of youth and older experience gone? This performance is not going to have a good effect on confidence for what seems increasingly a nasty banana skin at Didcot. Tis did say at the start that he was looking forward to this season more than he had for some time. I wonder if he still feels the same or if the burst balloon effect has begun to kick in. Come on Tis, FFS get a grip on this.

Ashford Grecian

We were poor, out muscled and hardly won a 50/50 challenge all day.... Barnet are nothing special but were more physical and we couldn't cope with it... Tom Nichols should have scored in the first half when played clean through the middle by Wheeler but tried to take it round the keeper and never really got his shot away... Tom McCready was a disaster at full back and was subbed straight after the second goal.... Harley looks a shadow of his former self and a bit of credit goes to Grant today who looked our most productive player.... BUT worst of all the disgraceful scenes at the end with several fans going down pitch side and giving verbal abuse to the players who were applauding the travelling Grecian army.... Butterfield and Morrison seemed to give plenty back and it was pretty ugly... Also after the final whistle we had boos and "what a load of rubbish" and finger pointing.... I didn't clap the team off today, they didn't deserve it but we should not resort to turning on our own team...:eek: Didcot must be rubbing their hands at the prospect of playing us next week!
Oh yes and the post earlier in the week from another team supporter warning us the referee was a joke was spot on, some of the first half decisions beggared belief, the Troy booking ??? Come on seriously..

Last edited:

GrecianWonder

We were poor, out muscled and hardly won a 50/50 challenge all day.... Barnet are nothing special but were more physical and we couldn't cope with it... Tom Nichols should have scored in the first half when played clean through the middle by Wheeler but tried to take it round the keeper and never really got his shot away... Tom McCready was a disaster at full back and was subbed straight after the second goal.... Harley looks a shadow of his former self and a bit of credit goes to Grant today who looked our most productive player.... BUT worst of all the disgraceful scenes at the end with several fans going down pitch side and giving verbal abuse to the players who were applauding the travelling Grecian army.... Butterfield and Morrison seemed to give plenty back and it was pretty ugly... Also after the final whistle we had boos and "what a load of rubbish" and finger pointing.... I didn't clap the team off today, they didn't deserve it but we should not resort to turning on our own team...:eek: Didcot must be rubbing their hands at the prospect of playing us next week!
Grant was shocking. Touched the ball twice in the first half and didn't offer himself as an outlet. He made it easy to defend by coming inside and deep.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Hopefully if the players feel harshly treated they will respond on the pitch in the correct manner.

Ashford Grecian

The first was a free header, which was taken well by the goal scorer.
I assume that is tongue in cheek, or else you need a trip to specsavers!

geoffwp

... BUT worst of all the disgraceful scenes at the end with several fans going down pitch side and giving verbal abuse to the players who were applauding the travelling Grecian army... I didn't clap the team off today, they didn't deserve it but we should not resort to turning on our own team...
Have to say I absloutely agree with this. City fans booing the city players?? WTF do they think they are going to achieve with that?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Won't be the first time fans have shown displeasure at a performance at our club or any other. It didn't sound great today but I don't know if it was warranted or not. Maybe some who were there will come on and put their side forwards.

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Grant was shocking. Touched the ball twice in the first half and didn't offer himself as an outlet. He made it easy to defend by coming inside and deep.
Yet second half he did a fair bit I thought. Certainly looked like the only player who fancies getting into the box and creating something.