• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnet v City match day thread.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rich (and others) genuinely sorry if you didn't enjoy the commentary. It was a hugely painful game to watch all the way through, probably one of the hardest I've had to do, largely because there's only so many ways to say "and he passes sideways. Again"

I'm really sorry for the mix up with the yellow card - I was quickly making some notes when Brown was booked and when I looked up Butterfield was the nearest to the ref. If I'm honest, like City, I'm not overly happy with my performance at all today. I do actually read the match threads after every game I do and take in all feedback, good and bad, so it's really helpful to get a very honest opinion, no matter how critical. Not sure of the next game I'll be on commentary duties for, but I'm a very harsh critic on myself, and it's clear that there was a lot that can be improved on.

To the City fans who made the journey today, I'm equally as sorry. That was not fun to watch. I'm usually one to find positives about the team, but I struggled today. That was not fun to watch. I feel your pain.
Fair play for posting GIW. Fantastic attitude you've shown.

Lenny

Re the commentary, I realise good commentary is an art, but can only recommend listening to Radio 5. The commentator describes the action (however dire) Second guy then joins in with analysis during breaks in play. Don't forget you are my eyes at the game. I enjoy your thoughts on play etc, but please only during breaks. Talk Sport fall into the same trap, which at their level is unforgivable. Respect to the guy for coming on here though.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re the commentary, I realise good commentary is an art, but can only recommend listening to Radio 5. The commentator describes the action (however dire) Second guy then joins in with analysis during breaks in play. Don't forget you are my eyes at the game. I enjoy your thoughts on play etc, but please only during breaks. Talk Sport fall into the same trap, which at their level is unforgivable. Respect to the guy for coming on here though.
just a point radio 5 is under the same 'ownership' as radio Devon so surely the training comes from the same source and yeah like 'art' its a discipline, that can be learnt. So rather than front up on here, expecting a positive response which quite frankly after paying to listen week in week out to the inane dribble radio devon delivers which I for one don't feel like giving. listen to what was delivered during the 90 mins than compare it to some decent radio 5 commentary. and learn. But ultimately its simple during the 90 mins we don't want the world according to garp,that can waitB-) we just want an accurate account/picture of whats going on on the pitch, NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm pleased to say I did boo the rubbish that was on show. The players, management everyone deserved nothing less. Atleast I, and those that did were honest. A message needed to be made and for those who clapped or just accepted it are just deluded. Someone tried telling me the ref cost us the game. That was honestly laughable. We are utter rubbish. I have never felt more dejected after a game.

This season was meant to be the most exciting and interesting one in years. No excuses, we have the money, the players and everything in place to challenge but we just don't and we won't. I'm disappointed to say that I've reached the end of my tether with Tisdale now. I've kept quiet on this season as a whole as I have waited a fair amount of time to assess the season we're having but it just isn't good enough. We're going backwards and I'm struggling to get excited about anything to do with us this season. We were better last season for goodness sake. We won't get top 7, which is a real shame as I was confident before the season started. Something needs to change. We're boring and everything is now so predictable and stale. This isn't knee jerk. This has been building up throughout the season and yesterdays disaster just pushed me over the edge. We need something new and better.

Banksy

I'm pleased to say I did boo the rubbish that was on show. The players, management everyone deserved nothing less. Atleast I, and those that did were honest. A message needed to be made and for those who clapped or just accepted it are just deluded. Someone tried telling me the ref cost us the game. That was honestly laughable. We are utter rubbish. I have never felt more dejected after a game.

This season was meant to be the most exciting and interesting one in years. No excuses, we have the money, the players and everything in place to challenge but we just don't and we won't. I'm disappointed to say that I've reached the end of my tether with Tisdale now. I've kept quiet on this season as a whole as I have waited a fair amount of time to assess the season we're having but it just isn't good enough. We're going backwards and I'm struggling to get excited about anything to do with us this season. We were better last season for goodness sake. We won't get top 7, which is a real shame as I was confident before the season started. Something needs to change. We're boring and everything is now so predictable and stale. This isn't knee jerk. This has been building up throughout the season and yesterdays disaster just pushed me over the edge. We need something new and better.
Blimey , when I hear that from you GOG, given your support for Tisdale in the past , then I know the wheels have really come off.Thanks for standing up and being honest.Let's just hope we show some guts and character next Sunday in front of the TV cameras instead of being the first round laughing stock yet again.

PeteUSA

Re the commentary, I realise good commentary is an art, but can only recommend listening to Radio 5. The commentator describes the action (however dire) Second guy then joins in with analysis during breaks in play. Don't forget you are my eyes at the game. I enjoy your thoughts on play etc, but please only during breaks.
Lenny, I know you mean well, but that is a really annoying post. I've heard Gary Andrews many times over the years and he is as good a commentator as the likes of John Ayres, Richard Green or any of the others; His background is in local radio and he really doesnt need advice about commentary being "an art". I didnt hear todays commentary - but if it wasnt up to scratch, I would suggest the input from Simon Larkins didnt help. Larkins really isnt very good and sounds immature. Gary would have been better covering the game on his own. He's a good bloke and former mod on here from when the old regime were at the helm.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Barum

At Torquay Nicholson has held his hands up and publicly taken full responsibility for results even though he's only been in charge for a few weeks. Tisdale has had the best part of a decade & still the faithful have to endure the collective 'we' as the wheels fall off again. When will he learn to take responsibility for his own actions?

grecIAN Harris

At Torquay Nicholson has held his hands up and publicly taken full responsibility for results even though he's only been in charge for a few weeks. Tisdale has had the best part of a decade & still the faithful have to endure the collective 'we' as the wheels fall off again. When will he learn to take responsibility for his own actions?
Because he can't control what happens once the players cross the line onto the pitch. Tis can point and shout and do a miriad of other things to try and get his point across during the game but if it doesn't sink into the players head there is simply nothing he can do. Once he's back on the training pitch and he see something during a training game, he can stop play and ask the questions, point out the answers. He, you or anybody else can't do that in the heat of battle.

MagzECFC

Because he can't control what happens once the players cross the line onto the pitch. Tis can point and shout and do a miriad of other things to try and get his point across during the game but if it doesn't sink into the players head there is simply nothing he can do. Once he's back on the training pitch and he see something during a training game, he can stop play and ask the questions, point out the answers. He, you or anybody else can't do that in the heat of battle.
He does pick the (in my opinion) wrong team though.