• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

Red Bill

Re: Tisdale must go

Why not!
But I answered it on post #3253
So the big change is going to come from Ollie Watkins getting better? Because I don't see anything else from your post 3253 to indicate where the turn around will come from.
And why not? Because nothing has changed in the last 5 years so why should we expect it to this time if Tisdale isn't going to do anything different?

Red Monster

So the big change is going to come from Ollie Watkins getting better? Because I don't see anything else from your post 3253 to indicate where the turn around will come from.
And why not? Because nothing has changed in the last 5 years so why should we expect it to this time if Tisdale isn't going to do anything different?
A small change could get us another 10-12 points .

You must have missed the bit about new signings in the summer and yes Watkins can make a bigger impact playing all season and getting better all the time,
if he can score 8 goals in a few months why can't he get 15-20 goals that would make a big impact on results.

So I take it you'll be going to nearly all our home games next season expecting us not to win many?

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster

You must have missed the bit about new signings in the summer and yes Watkins can make a bigger impact playing all season and getting better all the time,
if he can score 8 goals in a few months why can't he get 15-20 goals that would make a big impact on results.

So I take it you'll be going to nearly all our home games next season expecting us not to win many?
How come you regularly finish your posts with a challenge concerning the number of home games that fellow posters attend. Just for the sake of balance, how many away games do you get to?

Red Monster

How come you regularly finish your posts with a challenge concerning the number of home games that fellow posters attend. Just for the sake of balance, how many away games do you get to?
I don't pretend to go many away games but I do go to nearly all our home games and seeing thats where the clubs income comes from I'm happy with that.

I don't go to any City game home or away expecting us to lose.

Red Bill

Yes!

We've had new signings every summer without any visible improvement, what makes you think this season will be better other than your blind unqualified faith? Ollie Watkins improvement isn't going to get us up the table on his own any more than Nichols' improvement did, so once again, whats the new factor that's going to see the change?

Red Monster

Yes!

We've had new signings every summer without any visible improvement, what makes you think this season will be better other than your blind unqualified faith? Ollie Watkins improvement isn't going to get us up the table on his own any more than Nichols' improvement did, so once again, whats the new factor that's going to see the change?
You said we need a big change you would be right if we were only getting about 50pts, a small change would make the difference ,a big change would mean the title .

Why is not possible to change those draws into wins.

May be a Ollie Watkins and a fit David Wheeler will help get us the extra points!

David Wheeler E&E
Once again, I wasn't fit enough to play any part on Saturday and, with our race effectively run, the chances are I will go into hospital for an operation on my troublesome ankle sooner rather than later. As I understand it, it's a pretty straight-forward procedure and I'd probably have gone under the surgeon's knife before now had we not still been in with a chance of making the play-offs.

I don't like to make excuses, but my game relies on being quick and mobile and the ankle problems I've experienced since the turn of the year haven't been a whole lot of help with that. Quite apart from anything else, I've often been forced to sit out training which, as you might imagine, is far from ideal.

Red Bill

I don't pretend to go many away games but I do go to nearly all our home games and seeing thats where the clubs income comes from I'm happy with that.

For the record and as It seems to matter a great deal to you, By Saturday I will have been to 29 games this season, 19 home and 10 away. I'm not sure what relevance this has to the teams form this season, unless you're going to suggest the six home games I couldn't make it to due to family commitments and the fact that I live 90 miles away, were the particular games I needed to see to get a true picture of this season's home form, but as they included a defeat to Dagenham and a draw with York, I'm not sure I'd find that a particularly persuasive argument!

Last edited:

malcolms

So stop trying to appear superior by questioning those who are not in a position to attend home games with any regularity....Once you start attending a balance of home and away games you can then legitimately question other posters on their commitment....

Red Monster

So stop trying to appear superior by questioning those who are not in a position to attend home games with any regularity....Once you start attending a balance of home and away games you can then legitimately question other posters on their commitment....
Looks who talking you've been trying to appear superior on here for years.

Why should I balance my home and away games I couldn't afford to do that as well family commitments.

malcolms

Looks who talking you've been trying to appear superior on here for years.

Why should I balance my home and away games I couldn't afford to do that as well family commitments.
So stop moaning about others who may have similar considerations...

There's a difference between appearing and being superior ;)

Last edited: