• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

Red Monster

Re: Tisdale must go

Christ Almighty! Do you really have to go back nearly a hundred years to conclude that Tisdale is any good?

Are you a mate of his or something?
What I'm trying to point out is while we all want promotion every time a new season starts our history suggest it's not
That easy.
But I'm sure it will happen next season.

DanceMagnet

But I'm sure it will happen next season.
What do you think will change to make that happen? Our away form over the past few years has been good enough to, at least, get us into the playoffs. The home form continues to disappoint and I can't see anything changing with that. Tisdale is a stubborn character who seems unable or unwilling to change his approach. Call that ultimate belief in his methods, if you like.

Ultimately, it's got us nowhere in terms of promotion to league 1 despite the manager falling short of his own targets in the current season. Personnel will change over the summer but the methods are unlikely to change. IMHO, that will not lead to promotion from league 2.

Last edited:

Red Monster

What do you think will change to make that happen? Our away form over the past few years has been good enough to, at least, get us into the playoffs. The home form continues to disappoint and I can't see anything changing with that. Tisdale is a stubborn character who seems unable or unwilling to change his approach. Call that ultimate belief in his methods, if you like.

Ultimately, it's got us nowhere in terms of promotion to league 1 despite the manager falling short of his own targets in the current season. Personnel will change over the summer but the methods are unlikely to change. IMHO, that will not lead to promotion from league 2.
I expect our home form will at last change for the better and that will tip the balance ,of course this will depend on
What players are recruited in the summer and another big factor could be a full season of the ever improving
Ollie Watkins .

DanceMagnet

I expect our home form will at last change for the better and that will tip the balance ,of course this will depend on
What players are recruited in the summer and another big factor could be a full season of the ever improving
Ollie Watkins .
It will also depend on the retained list. To see any sort of improvement, the balance of the squad has to be a lot better. We need to be able to beat those teams that present a physical challenge and be able to play on the muddy pitches during the winter months. Even a better squad will count for nothing if Tisdale continues his cautious approach to playing at home.

Red Monster

It will also depend on the retained list. To see any sort of improvement, the balance of the squad has to be a lot better. We need to be able to beat those teams that present a physical challenge and be able to play on the muddy pitches during the winter months. Even a better squad will count for nothing if Tisdale continues his cautious approach to playing at home.
I think a lot of people memories of the way we play at home are clouded by previous season, this season we've been
More attacking scored quite a few early goals missed a lot of easy chances .
The thing that's killed us is stupid mistakes ,a lot of games we've had the lead and poor defending has cost us two
Points all those drawn games has done for us.
I don't think we're as cautious as some make out.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster

The thing that's killed us is stupid mistakes, a lot of games we've had the lead and poor defending has cost us two points. All those drawn games has done for us.
So you dont think some of the problems have been that the opposition team has been generally better than us, hence they've scored more goals against a questionable defence?

Red Monster

So you dont think some of the problems have been that the opposition team has been generally better than us, hence they've scored more goals against a questionable defence?
On whole Pete no only 6 teams have out scored us at home .

Red Bill

Ollie Watkins .
Why are you expecting this will happen? What do you think will be the big change that leads to an improvement? What do you think the problem on the pitch has been that's caused the dreadful home form over the last five years, that will no longer be there next season?
Tisdales frequent comments along the lines of "we have to keep playing our game" suggest to me that he doesn't think there's been any issues with that approach or that he's likely to change or adapt it.

Red Monster

Why are you expecting this will happen? What do you think will be the big change that leads to an improvement? What do you think the problem on the pitch has been that's caused the dreadful home form over the last five years, that will no longer be there next season?
Tisdales frequent comments along the lines of "we have to keep playing our game" suggest to me that he doesn't think there's been any issues with that approach or that he's likely to change or adapt it.
Why not!
But I answered it on post #3253

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster

Why not!
But I answered it on post #3253
If you keep doing the same thing, why would you expect a different result..?

I have seen games where we look like Barcelona against Barnsley.... but this is always followed by games where the roles are reversed.... Clearly, something fundamental is wrong and if you can't or won't see it, then there's no point continually ramming it home.....